Romance Timers seem to not install properly

Guest Kimuji

What's your rep? If it's above ten, your romance goes into a holding pattern, where you get flirts, but no lovetalks, until it drops below ten again.

And your romance must be active, or you wouldn't get the flirts.

After you tell me your reputation, you can send the saved game to berelinde_@_gmail.com, deleting the underscores.

No, that's absolutely not normal, and that's probably the reason it's not working. Try re-installing these components and choose different timers(15 minutes, 30 minutes). Did you re-download the mod? If not, that's your problem. If yes, make sure you're using a Flashget plugin from flashget.com, or similar while downloading. If everything fails, it indeed can be a bug, but I'd rather go to bed hoping it's not.

... If everything fails, it indeed can be a bug...
Doubt that it is. I ran the entire Shar-Teel romance myself during playtesting, on the 15 min timer.

That's why I asked for the saved game. I'll check the variables against the mod, see what lovetalk is supposed to happen, and sort it out. If you send it tonight, I can have an answer for you in the morning.

Guest Kimuji
No, that's absolutely not normal, and that's probably the reason it's not working. Try re-installing these components and choose different timers(15 minutes, 30 minutes). Did you re-download the mod? If not, that's your problem. If yes, make sure you're using a Flashget plugin from flashget.com, or similar while downloading. If everything fails, it indeed can be a bug, but I'd rather go to bed hoping it's not.

I think It comes from me since you are not experiencing the same timers installation issues. But that's strange that I have the problem with both BG1npc v14 and 15. During the installation all seems to run correctly, I've set different duration for every timers as you suggested but at the end of the install process none of them were confirmed as successfully installed (I didn't get any error message either) and my WeiDU.log file file still do not mention them.

That's right. It's because the romance speeds are handled by compiling the file to a temp file first, replacing SHAR_ROM with the time selected during installation.

You won't get timer messags, but you will see that the mod installed correctly.

I think I found the problem: you didn't wait long enough. All your variables are set properly, and everything is primed and ready for your first lovetalk.

There's a few interesting bits about your character's history before he became the man he is, but it appears that whatever changes were made were done before Shar-Teel joined the party, so it doesn't matter.

I see that your real timer is set at 91716, but Shar-Teel's romance timer is set to have the first lovetalk the first rest time after the timer hits 97109.

Were you messing with the timers at some point? Technically, it isn't possible to have a timer set more than 5400 seconds after current time.

No matter, there's an easy fix.

If you can use the CLUA console, please type in the following, wait about 15 seconds, then rest.

CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(100000)

Guest Kimuji

Yes my character is a bit special, before reading all the romance pdf I tought that shar-teel would be lesbian because I knew she hated males... but she is not ^^

So I changed my pc's gender (before meeting her as you said) and a few things with shadow keeper, maybe I touched things I should not...

Now it works with your CLUA console fix, thanks for spending (losing? I hope not ^^) so much time on my case, everything is perfect now :suspect:

Now I know romances are working fine I think I'll restart a new game with a non Shadow Keeper modified pc to avoid other compatibility conflicts.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to understand Sikret with his "If you've been cheating, SAY SO."

Seriously - I'm writing this in general, not just concerning this particular case - dear players, we spend a lot of time testing, writing, coding and just making mods. We love you. Sort of. But trying to lure us to help you when you've messed up and are not telling us about it is a bad, bad thing.

Do not do this.

Guest Kimuji

Sorry, I did so much full install re-install of BG1 & 2, BGT, Tutu etc. that everything was not exactly clear in my explanations and important details were lacking. My firsts attempts were with a regular character with BG1 NPC v14 and BGT and it didn't worked for the romance. So I made a new install, I used EasyTutu instead of BGT, BG1 NPC v15, and yes that time I modified my new character saved game with Shadow Keeper (adjusting gender, rep etc...). Sorry if you thought I was pointing a bug, I was doubting about my intallation of the mod not aout the mod quality, I just wanted to know why it was not working (and finally the problem was simple: "don't put your fingers where you don't have to" :suspect: )

I can certainly understand why a player would try to fix stuff on his own before posting. It's a courteous act, not wanting to waste modder time. Sure, it's helpful to know in advance what's been tinkered with, but in this case, it took me all of five minutes to find the issue, a timer that hadn't elapased yet.

I have gotten bug reports on another mod where players were trying to speed up the talks by the simple expedient of advancing the globals, without regard for other conditions that might have to be met first. One of them took days to find, and a bit of luck. But even then, we got there in the end, and that's all that matters.

So yes, if you remember what you did, it's probably best to say so right away.

Console commands that are always safe to use:

GetGlobal()

AddGold()

ExploreArea()

CTRL-R

CTRL-I

CTRL-X

CTRL-T

Console commands that are safe to use most of the time, but might cause problems for the unwary:

AdvanceRealTime()

SetCurrentXP()

MoveToArea() - got burned by that one myself during testing, and didn't get to Ch. 3, because I didn't leave the Nashkel Mines by the Mine Exit.

CTRL-Y

CTRL-J

CreateCreature()

CreateItem()

Console commands that should be used only under direction from the modder:

SetGlobal()

Okay, I'll continue being a bad cop, then:

From my experience, the moment when I turn on the console, the game is practically ruined - I either add six pairs of Boots of Speed, or start messing with the party gold and XP, and it never ends. I certainly believe that other players have more willpower, but I still recommend abstination, because it gives this wonderful "I am living this life here in Amn/Sword Coast/Icewind Dale, we can die at any moment; I don't know when she will talk to me again, and I have no control over this" feeling, and that's what the game is all about.

Archived