Query Re MegaMods

Has nayone tried to play SCSII along with one or more of the various megamods(ie RoT, TDD, SoS/CTB)? If so, have you encountered any serious bugs as a result?

Also, has anyone so far gone through a complete game of TOB(+ SCSII) without any serious bugs(ie none that affect combat)?

Thanks,

SD

On the second question - yes, pretty much. I played a solo F/M through with v4 of SCSII to the end. The only bug I found was a minor one with Yaga-Shura (which was dwarfed by a huge game-crashing bug in the original Ascension Yaga-Shura, which David has helpfully now fixed himself). There was also a problem in v4 with the SCSII changes to Improved Abazigal, for which David provided a hotfix (which I used with no problems).

Basically SCSII seems to be pretty low on bugs, and even when they arise (see my post about vampires below) the author is pretty good at sorting them out quickly.

I've not played it with any megamods installed - the ones you mention are not really my cup of tea.

On the second question - yes, pretty much. I played a solo F/M through with v4 of SCSII to the end. The only bug I found was a minor one with Yaga-Shura (which was dwarfed by a huge game-crashing bug in the original Ascension Yaga-Shura, which David has helpfully now fixed himself). There was also a problem in v4 with the SCSII changes to Improved Abazigal, for which David provided a hotfix (which I used with no problems).

Basically SCSII seems to be pretty low on bugs, and even when they arise (see my post about vampires below) the author is pretty good at sorting them out quickly.

I've not played it with any megamods installed - the ones you mention are not really my cup of tea.

Interesting, thanks. I still think I should wait for SCSII version 5.0 to be completed before trying yet another BG2-megamod install.I'm amazed that you can solo with just 1 PC - admittedly, you'd rise in levels much faster, but still. I always use the full complement of 6 characters as I like the character-interaction that BG2 provides.

I always use the full complement of 6 characters as I like the character-interaction that BG2 provides.

I've played through BG2 perhaps too many times to get much of a kick out of the dialogue & banter these days (even with the banter & flirt packs) so for better or worse have tended to gradually go more and more down the solo powergaming route. It's a different way of playing - but with mods like SCSII installed exposes the relative strengths and weaknesses of specific classes/kits much more [or perhaps it exposes my ineptitude - I view with some amazement those on the Bioware boards who solo Ascension with vanilla fighters, wizard slayers and the like.... :suspect: ]

I always use the full complement of 6 characters as I like the character-interaction that BG2 provides.

I've played through BG2 perhaps too many times to get much of a kick out of the dialogue & banter these days (even with the banter & flirt packs) so for better or worse have tended to gradually go more and more down the solo powergaming route. It's a different way of playing - but with mods like SCSII installed exposes the relative strengths and weaknesses of specific classes/kits much more [or perhaps it exposes my ineptitude - I view with some amazement those on the Bioware boards who solo Ascension with vanilla fighters, wizard slayers and the like.... :suspect: ]

The funny thing is, I'm currently on my third playthrough! (My wife and I play together and it takes us about eighteen months to do BG1 and BG2, and another year to get bored of other games and return to BG.) One of the reasons I write tactical mods - and, indeed, write the sort of tactical mods I do - is that they don't require such a fine knowledge of content that it would spoil things.

Archived