Amazed

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I knew there was a reason i kept my IWD2 cds!

The lack of npcs made it deadly boring, and you've gone and given me a whole horde of interesting NPC's to play with!

My faves have to be Riz and Hildury, its nice to see a honest but not overacted drow character and a not me-big-orc half orc ^^

Right now Im playing all the female romaces, but I really dont like the elf. But i guess Im not supposed to.

Anyway, general praise over, slight bug is that in AI scripts i get the clerics helmet description as a script

might just be me tho

love it xx

Guest Guest

Possible bug?

I've started a new game to try out the controlling riz romace, but i cant force the dialog with him with P. his option doesn't come up. :laugh:

Guest Guest
If it happens prior to you talking to the guy in the city about Rizdaer's reward, it's normal.

I'm not the OP. But I'll just add that this is definitely something that makes IWD2 worth playing through. In another thread, you mentioned you were disappointed with the download numbers. Don't be discouraged, there are plenty of IWD2NPC players yet to come. Most people who visit this site do so for the BG, and many like me haven't even played IWD yet. When we need a break from BG, we will load IWD and your mod is really the only 'must-install' there is for IWD2.

I'm a new convert as well, having had two run throughs of the vanilla game earlier this year (I only bought it recently - I was very familiar with BG series, IWD and Planescape but have been heavily occupied with Ultima Online since 2001 and have really only been exploring other games again since I quit last autumn).

It's nice so far though I must admit the initial prologue is still a grind, even with the NPCs. Once you get over that particular hump, the game is enjoyable and I look forward to seeing the banters.

Thanks, folks :p But yes, it is dissapointing that developing 10 NPCs generated 5 times less downloads than developing one for BG2. Yes, it's that significant of a difference.

But yes, it was a fun experiment, and it made the game playable for me personally (I was stuck in Chapter 4 forever before starting the mod), not to mention that it gave me unique experience (in my modding carrier) to work with the original characters.

Guest bdbg2

I haven't played through IWD2 yet, although I've begun more than once. After playing BG2, I just couldn't accept the lack of interaction and personality of the IWD2 NPCs. Your mod has finally given me a reason to try it again. And I'm sure, with this mod it will be a rewarding game. Your work adds what should have been provided by the original game. Thanks for sharing this mod.

Thanks, folks :cool: But yes, it is dissapointing that developing 10 NPCs generated 5 times less downloads than developing one for BG2. Yes, it's that significant of a difference.

To be fair, far as I'm aware, Kivan has been out for a good while longer than this gem. I think. Seeing as this is currently the only mod that adds *any* NPCs to the IWDII, I'm sure it will gain a lot more attention as time goes on.

And I'm with you saying that I hadn't completed the game before this. If I didn't get bored at that horrendous Ice Temple, then it was that horrible ... plane of fire, or whatever it was. It's been a while since I gave the game a whirl.

heya, thank you for the vote of confidence. It was the Drider Layer for me usually, after the Ice Temple. I have not even made it to Dragon's Eye before introducing the joinables in. :cool:

I just wanted to add a little note to say I'm also a recent convert to the IWD games. Having enjoyed playing with Kulyok's IWD NPCs (and managed to complete it!), I went onto install IWD 2, and downloaded these NPCs to play around with.

Currently my party (Diriel, Hildury, Nord, Nikosh, Peony and my PC) are at the edge of a swampy area (this is my first playthrough, so I'm a bit forgetful over place names!) and I'm enjoying the atmosphere they're generating. After being such a BG(all games) fangirl, I missed the party-interaction when I first tried IWD1 a long time ago, and so it's been very pleasant being able to enjoy them, now, with talkative characters ;)

I can also foresee the need to play again, once this particular party have managed to finish, because I've only just really started nosing around the forum to any extent -- I didn't want to be spoilt too much, originally, but I've picked up a lot of feelings regarding some of the characters that didn't make my composition this time around, and I'll be sure to try out everyone at least once -- makes a nice break from the Sword Coast, Amn and Tethyr :cool:

Guest Guest

I'm waiting for a new version before I download this. I'd like to try it with as little bugs as possible. There is a V3 coming right?

Archived