Install problems with mac version

Guest Guest_onerous_*

Guest Guest_onerous_*

I receive the following error when trying to install the mac version.

Last login: Tue Apr 15 06:19:06 on ttys000

/Applications/BGII\ -\ SoA/setup-scsII.command ; exit;

name-macbook-pro:~ name$ /Applications/BGII\ -\ SoA/setup-scsII.command ; exit;

/Applications/BGII - SoA/setup-scsII.command: line 1: path=/Applications/BGII: No such file or directory

/Applications/BGII - SoA/setup-scsII.command: line 3: ./setup-scsII: No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

I only have the patch and the Fix Pack installed. Thanks for any assistance.

/Applications/BGII\ -\ SoA/setup-scsII.command ; exit;

name-macbook-pro:~ name$ /Applications/BGII\ -\ SoA/setup-scsII.command ; exit;

/Applications/BGII - SoA/setup-scsII.command: line 1: path=/Applications/BGII: No such file or directory

/Applications/BGII - SoA/setup-scsII.command: line 3: ./setup-scsII: No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

I don't know anything about macs, but it looks as if it thinks the path to your BG2 directory is /Applications/BGII, not /Applications/BGII - SoA. At a guess, try enclosing the path in quotation marks when you get the initial install screen. Failing that, the elegant solution would be to ask for advice on the "general mod discussion" forums for someone who's Mac-savvy who can help. The crude solution would be to reinstall BG2 in a directory without spaces in the name.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

logout

[Process completed]

Actually, his BGII path is /Applications/BGII - SoA/. I'd say your trouble lies in the path name, and the script is having issues with the spaces in the path. I say this as a Linux user myself. I never use spaces in important paths, since they are a pain to type, requiring escaped characters.

If reinstalling BGII in a spaceless directory is an option, you might want to try that. Else, you might want to rename the folder to BGII_-_SoA, applying SCSII and then renaming back the folder. Another possibility is escaping the path in the scsII scripts (I don't know how to do this, though) so that the BG2 path looks like this:

/Applications/BG2\ -\ SoA/

Guest Guest_Onerous_*

I changed the path name to BGII without spaces and still have the same problem. I can install the mac version using TuMac and the OX unzipped folder. I'm going to try to reinstall the game to see if there is a change.

I changed the path name to BGII without spaces and still have the same problem. I can install the mac version using TuMac and the OX unzipped folder. I'm going to try to reinstall the game to see if there is a change.

Did reinstalling work? The only other thing I could imagine is WeiDu actually not reading paths correctly (i.e. not escaping special characters)

The problem in the mac install is the setup-scsii.command file. There is a space in the command path instead of an underscore.

This can be corrected using TextEdit to open the file and changing the first line from

command path=${0%/*} to

command_path=${0%/*}

and saving the file.

Then the it initiates installation.

Archived