Typo

Caedwyr

0x7400 MDOG CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_DOG_WILD

0x7401 MDOG2 CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_DOG_WAR

0x7402 MDOG CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_DOG_MOON

As you can see both 0x7400 and 0x7402 use the MDOG prefix. Is this a typo and should one be something different or is the same prefix used twice?

It depends. Some animations are bound to different "tags" (MCAR to MCWL, MSLM to MSLI1-5, MSPI to MSPI1-5, etc.) while others all use the same "base" soundset (MBER, MGHL, etc.).

I can't remember that MDOG2 is even used; I'm inclined to say that it isn't (all dogs use MDOG).

Is there any way to associate a .bam file with a certain creature animation if following the naming scheme for the files doesn't work?

For example, I can throw a BAM file named "acatinv.bam" into my override folder and in-game if I have a character using the Cat animation (ACAT from ANISND.ids), their inventory paper doll will be whatever I put in "acatinv.bam".

However, trying to use both

0x7400 MDOG CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_DOG_WILD

0x7401 MDOG2 CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_DOG_WAR

And naming the file mdoginv.bam and mdog2inv.bam respectively has no effect on the inventory screen paper doll. Is this just going to be some randomly hardcoded feature of the engine or is there another place I can look to see/fiddle with to get things working as I want?

Archived