New Restrictions to BG1 and BG2 Items

Salk

That would be fairly easy to implement, with copy_existing_regexp and patch_if with a nice patching thing to make completely new sets of everything and then some (all 32 bits) LONG binary modding.
I wouldn't use regexp to create new stuff, but perhaps to patch existing stuff. And you don't want to use LONG values when you're working in binary. BYTEs usually suffice as in the example I posted in your other thread. But we can continue such discussion there, since Demivrgvs doesn't want us spamming his thread with talk about code (even though code is usually what makes a mod, but... whatever :fish:).

Definitely though, Demivrgvs, this would be something you'd want to implement by patch, not by overwriting. Apart from anything else, it'd be a lot easier.

But we can continue such discussion there, since Demivrgvs doesn't want us spamming his thread with talk about code (even though code is usually what makes a mod, but... whatever :fish: ).
I have nothing against such discussions...I only suggested to talk about it elsewhere because Item Revisions thread is incredibly huge, and I think it's better to limit its growth! :O

Definitely though, Demivrgvs, this would be something you'd want to implement by patch, not by overwriting. Apart from anything else, it'd be a lot easier.
Indeed, don't worry I agree. ;)

Archived