Polymorph Self & Shapechange

Demivrgvs

I was right, the two handed halberd of the Flind form was conflicting with an equipped shield.

Fixing it is just a matter of putting the following file in the override folder. :)

I'll add it to the hotfix, but most of the hotfixes require a fresh install, thus it is much easier for those of you who already downloaded the last one to simply use the single file here.

Edit:

I've added Spider form immunities to the fix!

yep she was wielding a shield :)

P.S. elves can't be cleric/mages anyway, with Aerie being sort of a Quayle apprentice I though it wasn't so wrong to make her cast like a gnome ignoring the evil necromancy spells, without the racial bonuses to saves she's much weaker too :) bah you won't make me feel bad for a little roleplay edit :)

yep she was wielding a shield :)
I'm a genius. :D Let me know if you still have problems with the fix. Regarding the Beholder's form...I guess it would be nearly impossible to "balance" such a powerful form, I would have to remove half of its powers! But I'm going to do a little research, I'd like to know if in PnP a mage would be allowed to do such a thing!

P.S. elves can't be cleric/mages anyway, with Aerie being sort of a Quayle apprentice I though it wasn't so wrong to make her cast like a gnome ignoring the evil necromancy spells, without the racial bonuses to saves she's much weaker too :D bah you won't make me feel bad for a little roleplay edit :)
They can't be cleric/mages? I think they can, anyway I would have no concerns about assigning kits to multiclass characters...if it wasn't that multiclass characters already are more powerful than single class ones! :) I may try to make it feel "less bad" in the future with Kit Revisions. :p

ye ye you're a genius... it won't take you long for IRv2 and SRv3 for sure i bet :D:)

I wasn't very serious about beholder btw, but if you like the idea best remove the antimagic eye like beholders who decide to become wizards have to do; what about ettin and shadow? :)

[big OT]Bg2 multiclassing is very limited and I like a lot more the 3ed system: elves can't be cleric/mages ( or any multiclass with cleric, even if PnP avariels are very cleric oriented ), only half-elves or gnomes can. Whenever you start work at the Kit Revision, it would be cool to add some more options :) ; giving some more power to single classed characters is cool ( then you might have a point nerfing Edwin amulet/giving him another prohibited school in IR ), nerfing dual-classes, but multiclassed characters get experience in such a slow way that I'm carrying Aerie body only because I want to romance and imagine her pregnant while fighting :D [/OT]

Edit: fix not working; I extracted the files, substituted them in the folder, reinstalled the arcane spells component, loaded a save and when Aerie shapeshift into a flind the game still crashes

I wasn't very serious about beholder
It wasn't even your idea. :) ... :)

fix not working; I extracted the files, substituted them in the folder, reinstalled the arcane spells component, loaded a save and when Aerie shapeshift into a flind the game still crashes
Did you try it in reverse order? As in install the mod first, then put the downloaded file to override folder.
Edit: fix not working; I extracted the files, substituted them in the folder, reinstalled the arcane spells component, loaded a save and when Aerie shapeshift into a flind the game still crashes
Actually I posted the two files separately from the main hotfixes exactly because those two didn't needed a re-install. I'll re-check them immediately, I hope I haven't attached the un-fixed ones!! :):)

The files I've posted are correct...are you absolutely sure they end up in the correct folder?

When unzipping you'll have:

spell_rev/spell_rev/spwi4##/...

but they should go into

spell_rev/spwi4##/...

Alternatively, just put the two files (spwi461.itm - spwi464.itm) in the override folder, no need to re-install IR.

Let me know.

Alternatively, just put the two files (spwi461.itm - spwi464.itm) in the override folder, no need to re-install IR.

Let me know.

this worked :)

My installation must be very messed up after de-installing buggy components and hotfixes at least 30 times during the last game, I blame you :)

this worked :)
Good!

My installation must be very messed up after de-installing buggy components and hotfixes at least 30 times during the last game, I blame you :)
That's not fair, I said you "fixing it is just a matter of putting the following file in the override folder", I never said re-install! :D

Anyway, don't worry, last time I played I had finished a game where I had de-installed and re-installed SCS, SR, and IR (and a few others) at least twenty times each. I haven't encountered a single problem because of that! :)

If you do make Kit Revisions, could you avoid what SixOfSpades did, and not make an Archer kit for every class.
I will not add new kits at all, I'll just try to rebalance existing classes. I'd like to start posting some ideas, but when I have some spare time I should probably work on IR for now.

Oh my...I've just recheked PnP Shapechange, and theoretically it should allow pratically all forms: beholders, demon, devils, ... and even dragons! :) Obviously if I'll ever add a new form to replace the elementals, it has to be balanced (and most of these form surely aren't), but a slightly nerfed beholder may be very entertaining. We'll see, I promise nothing. :)

P.S I still have to think about adding to Mind Flayer form more psionic abilities...currently I've only kept the original one (psionic blast).

Quick question, would the Polymorph/Shapechange spell changes work if I just stick some files in the override folder?
Which ones? The changes shown in the first post are already implemented in SR V2, and obviously need it to be installed.

The new form we're talking about which may replace elementals may be part of V3, but it will take some time for sure. If absolutely necessary, creating a separate mini-mod to change only those two spells isn't complicated. We'll see, maybe you'll have finished your current game anyway by the time V3 is out. :)

Also, will this be compatible with Divine Remix and SCS2?
SR is compatible with SCS, and I recommend to use them together.

DR isn't technically incompatibile (just install DR after SR), but there may be some issues, I'll probably work on that sooner or later.

DR isn't technically incompatibile (just install DR after SR), but there may be some issues, I'll probably work on that sooner or later.

Okay, I'll start using SR after the imcompatibilities are resolved. I've had to restart/reinstall the game many times over the past year or two because of mod problems like that.

Archived