Master of Challenge Problem

Guest LadyRolePlay

Guest LadyRolePlay

I don't know if anyone has any idea what the problem is or if there is a fix, but the Master of Challenges shows up for Coran/Ajantis. First time, got through Coran and the dragon, and Ajantis. We went to the second challenge, and the crashes started, but this is also coming on at a time when at the inn and Coran and the serving wench scene, where that happens, then he apologizes next morning. So the play is.. we go to inn, then serving maid scene, then it's next morning, I think Coran's apologies and Master of Challenges is trying to happen at the same time, might be crashing the game. It's the only thing I can think of. I am going to go back to an earlier save, hope coran's inn thing happens, then try playing up to or into the Master of Challenge.

Still I thought I'd try asking here, as it is so very interesting, and each man has such a different approach to it, I'd really like to see it play out, you guys are wonderful writers!

Guest LadyRolePlay
I don't know if anyone has any idea what the problem is or if there is a fix, but the Master of Challenges shows up for Coran/Ajantis. First time, got through Coran and the dragon, and Ajantis. We went to the second challenge, and the crashes started, but this is also coming on at a time when at the inn and Coran and the serving wench scene, where that happens, then he apologizes next morning. So the play is.. we go to inn, then serving maid scene, then it's next morning, I think Coran's apologies and Master of Challenges is trying to happen at the same time, might be crashing the game. It's the only thing I can think of. I am going to go back to an earlier save, hope coran's inn thing happens, then try playing up to or into the Master of Challenge.

Still I thought I'd try asking here, as it is so very interesting, and each man has such a different approach to it, I'd really like to see it play out, you guys are wonderful writers!

Well I tried resting outside to avoid the inn dialogue coming up. As before the first challenge goes great, the second one when loading to an area, be it dragon or watching them fight, whatever causes a load to an actual area crashes the game to desktop for some reason. Could be flaky install or whatever, but barring a suggestion here, I will have to miss this very interesting piece, which is too bad, looks like something really wonderfully well done.

I am playing the weidu version of The Big World Project, I'll also post at their boards also, easy for files to get themselves mixed up :) Sure wish I could see this though

Guest LadyRolePlay

I have tested this out, the dragon and the gift work great, the request for entertainment or fighting crash to desktop. I don't know if that helps anything, but if you can post a HUGE spoiler about the other two? Because if there are no suggestions on fixing it, I'd sure like to know what the two come up with, each is so very cleaver in their own unique way, I'd just like to know how the other two come out. It must be an area specfic crash, the loads and unloads to whichever area just fine, and the gift of course, does not require a load to a different area. :)

Guest LadyRolePlay

I have tested this out, the dragon and the gift work great, the request for entertainment or fighting crash to desktop. I don't know if that helps anything, but if you can post a HUGE spoiler about the other two? Because if there are no suggestions on fixing it, I'd sure like to know what the two come up with, each is so very cleaver in their own unique way, I'd just like to know how the other two come out. It must be an area specfic crash, the loads and unloads to whichever area just fine, and the gift of course, does not require a load to a different area. :)

Sorry you don't have an edit button I can find. What I meant was the load, and unloading to and from the dragon area work great, it's when 'loading to' the entertainment or the fight.. that the game crashes

I am playing the weidu version of The Big World Project, I'll also post at their boards also, easy for files to get themselves mixed up Sure wish I could see this though

For the moment it sounds like a "BG1 NPC Project" problem, but we will know more, if cmorgan or someone else answer to your problem. Is it then none "BG1 NPC Project" problem, you should post this at SHSForum MegaModHelp.

Greetings Leomar

Guest LadyRolePlay
I am playing the weidu version of The Big World Project, I'll also post at their boards also, easy for files to get themselves mixed up Sure wish I could see this though

For the moment it sounds like a "BG1 NPC Project" problem, but we will know more, if cmorgan or someone else answer to your problem. Is it then none "BG1 NPC Project" problem, you should post this at SHSForum MegaModHelp.

Greetings Leomar

I will get over there now and do that Leomar. I tested it very carefully. Trying to do the event from different towns, with only Ajantis and Coran in the group. I am most positive that it involves a crash when loading to two areas, the area where ever the fight among coran and ajantis is to occur, and the one where it is going to load to the area where the men will be entertaining. Two out of the four work just fine, the dragon fight and the gift.

I kept hoping to see a response from cmorgan or a builder as to which areas might be bugged. I looked at my weidu log and all the npc project seemed to load in perfectly, with no conflicts or glitches.

I will try to take a look at those areas -

/* Areas for the Challenges */
 /* fireworks area (FW6001) */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/.ARE~ ~override~

/* Fighting Area */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/X#AJR1.ARE~ ~override/X#CH11.ARE~
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~X#AR6001~ #8

/* Dragon Area 1 */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/X#CH12.are~ ~override~
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~X#ARCH12~

/* Dragon Area 2 */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/X#CH12.are~ ~override/X#CH14.are~
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~X#CH14~ #8

/* Suldanessellar Area */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/X#CH13.are~ ~override~
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~X#CH13~ #8

/* items */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/X#MIRC.itm~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 @489
SAY NAME2 @489
SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @490
SAY DESC @490

/* 2DA patching */
 APPEND ~ITEMDIAL.2da~ ~X#MIRC		5689   X#MIRC~

Looks like there might be some difficulty with X#CH13.are and X#AJR1.are. I have no troubles loading them in my game, so we might be looking at something BGT-wise, or something patching the areas later on in the install.

LadyRolePlay, I will have to defer to other on the spoilers - there are 25 to 27 cutscenes, all sorts of stuff that goes on based on player choice - I have not played it myself in over a year (I usually play dudes, so no romance conflict). I know there are folks out there who have played this many times, and can help you out - I'd rather spend my time researching what is going wrong with your game - I hope you understand :)

Hoppy, just saw your post at SHS - will reply over there, too - yep. BGT difference we never saw. Some of those areas rely on .wed designations for Tutu...

The areas have the following resources assigned:

X#CH11.are = FW6000.wed

X#CH12.are = AR1402.wed

X#CH13.are = AR2805.wed

X#CH14.are = AR1402.wed

X#AJR1.are = FW6000.wed

LadyRolePlay, the good news is that just means copying an appropriate .wed into the game, so I bet it is fixable using NI. Still researching... BGT renames some resources, but I think in this case it might be as simple as editing the .are file to read "AR6000.wed"

This would alos explain your difficulty I was still working on with the Master of Challenges - the game is searching all possible locations in all possible .bif to find the resource. (It doesn't know that it is on a BGT game and is looking for Tutu references).

from x#chall2.BCS and similar in similar in x#chall4.BCS

IF
True()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	CutSceneId(Player1)
	ClearAllActions()
	StorePartyLocations()
	FadeToColor([30.0],0)
	Wait(1)
	LeaveAreaLUAPanic("X#CH11","",[80.100],0)
	LeaveAreaLUA("X#CH11","",[80.100],0)
	MultiPlayerSync()
	MoveViewPoint([1020.403],INSTANT)
	CreateCreature("x#cutspy",[1231.563],0) // No such index
	Explore()
	FadeFromColor([30.0],0)
	MoveViewPoint([1020.403],INSTANT)
	SetGlobal("X#SummonCoranXzvarts","GLOBAL",1)
	EndCutSceneMode()
END

The others are fine except for the ch11. Is the correct conversion this:

FW6000 | AR5300 | Encounter: Forest1

Hoppy, you beat me to it - Ascension64's developer documentation (which *rocks* ) has the conversion

AR6000-01 | AR5300-01 | Random Encounter: Forest

and we know Tutu is BG with AR rewritten to FW, so changing it in NI to

AR5300.wed

should resolve the problem.

(Hoppy, I didn't get the cutscene thing - are we missing a reference? We patch the

oh. Is it the

/* Fighting Area */

WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~X#AR6001~

vs

LeaveAreaLUAPanic("X#CH11","",[80.100],0)

?

The cutscene is triggered from the BCS of the x#maste.cre in top 2 blocks.

IF

!Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",2)

Global("X#FightChallenge","GLOBAL",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ClearAllActions()

SetGlobal("X#FightChallenge","GLOBAL",2)

StartCutSceneMode()

StartCutScene("X#CHALL2")

END

F

Global("X#FightChallenge","GLOBAL",4)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ClearAllActions()

SetGlobal("X#FightChallenge","GLOBAL",5)

StartCutSceneMode()

StartCutScene("X#CHALL4")

END

Then the cutscene quoted in my previous post comes next unless I interpreted incorrectly. I am not familiar with the quest at all and I am just looking at data. Sounds fun and I hope to try it eventually!

Double Jeopardy! It looks like x#ajr1.are needs its WED changed to AR5300.WED as well. I just checked with NI but I don't know where that comes into play.

Guest LadyRolePlay
The cutscene is triggered from the BCS of the x#maste.cre in top 2 blocks.

IF

Global("X#FightChallenge","GLOBAL",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ClearAllActions()

SetGlobal("X#FightChallenge","GLOBAL",2)

StartCutSceneMode()

StartCutScene("X#CHALL2")

END

F

Global("X#FightChallenge","GLOBAL",4)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ClearAllActions()

SetGlobal("X#FightChallenge","GLOBAL",5)

StartCutSceneMode()

StartCutScene("X#CHALL4")

END

Then the cutscene quoted in my previous post comes next unless I interpreted incorrectly. I am not familiar with the quest at all and I am just looking at data. Sounds fun and I hope to try it eventually!

Perhaps Leomar can understand this. I just started playing the game, only found out about NI a few days ago :) Even so I old slow lady and you've left me in the dust.

I did save right before you hit the rest button, where he shows up, ie you hit rest and he shows. If you want to take a look at the variables in NI and try to get it to work, and see the scene I'd be more than happy to send you a copy. Actually in this game I have three romances going, I intend to choose Gavin, I wasn't that bothered it didn't come off, it is positive hoot, the Master of Challenges and the two I got through were awesome writing. I really hate not being able to see it.

Yet I don't understand what it is you guys are talking about nor how to fix it. I'll let them know at the other board what you all posted here. :)

I am really into stories far far more than I am in to the fights. I endure the fighting so as to do the rp and the stories. Sometimes I like the tatical challenges...but not that often.. like the challenge of stories and relationships, but IRL I am a psychologist :)

Try putting these area files in your SoA override folder (overwrite if one exists already). Then try the challenges again and see if they work for the third and fourth ones or however it proceeds.

Hmmmm.... it seems my powers of uploading files are of no good here so I will upload them at your topic at SHS.

Linkage for others here:

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=37280

current code:

COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/X#AJR1.ARE~ ~override~

/* Fighting Area */

/* Dragon Area 1 */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/X#CH12.are~ ~override~
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~X#ARCH12~

/* Dragon Area 2 */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/X#CH12.are~ ~override/X#CH14.are~
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~X#CH14~ #8

/* Suldanessellar Area */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/X#CH13.are~ ~override~
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~X#CH13~ #8

The majority of these areas have BG2 .wed resources already assigned - the exceptions are X#AJR1.ARE and the copied X#CH11.ARE. On EasyTutu and tutu, these do not crash while referencing BG2 .wed resources:

X#CH12.are = ar1402.wed

X#CH13.are = ar2805.wed

X#CH13.are = ar1402.wed

If someone broke a cutscene and walked off the areas in BGT, they would crash the game - but that means their game is going to be clobbered anyways.

BUT - as noted above, there is a .wed renaming for BGT - and we need to put this out without additional testing.

So, the least likely to fail solution to this, rather than a complicated patching routine, is to simply distribute the .are files directly, not changing the Tutu ones and matching the tested ones on a BGT install (a grand total of 2kb additional size :) )

Code changes:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/x#ajr1.are~ ~override/x#ajr1.are~
 END ELSE BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/x#ajr1_bgt.are~ ~override/x#ajr1.are~
 END
 /* Fighting Area */
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase3/CHALLENGE/itm/x#ajr1.ARE~ ~override/x#ch11.are~