Suggestion: Cleave ability

Salk

Hello!

I was wondering if there might be a way to implement the 3rd edition Cleave ability for some specific melee weapon.

I *do* think this would be a great idea (if I can say that myself :p ) but I wonder if it's codable at all? :p

I was wondering if there might be a way to implement the 3rd edition Cleave ability for some specific melee weapon.
I'm quite sure there's no way of implementing it. Perhaps via script, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm not sure if you can detect amount of the HP a creature has, but you could have something like an 11% Chance to get another attack this round.
"% chance to get another attack that round" is exactly how the Cleave ability currently work in IR, a sort of lesser Speed.

You can detect HPs via script, and maybe add to playerx an attack if the nearest target as very few hit points, but you have no way to force the player to attack that creature, thus you may end up adding him/her an attack even if nobody dies in that round. Is this ability really worth this trouble?

Bad idea imo, 3E abilities are balanced for 3E. :p
Actually many 3E abilities aren't balanced for 3E either! :p Jokes aside, there are specific manuals to import 2E rules/items/... into 3E, and thus its doable even the reverse process.

sounds more like an alternate HLA than a thing to train on aper weapon basis, or an ability that a particular weapon has to me.
I partially agree. Yes, it do sounds more of an ability possessed by the character rather than a weapon's feature, but in D&D it's quite common for magical items to grant the users feats, spells and abilities.
You can detect HPs via script, and maybe add to playerx an attack if the nearest target as very few hit points, but you have no way to force the player to attack that creature, thus you may end up adding him/her an attack even if nobody dies in that round. Is this ability really worth this trouble?
As a person who had a task set before them to make an effect that would happen once an enemy would have died - Cleaving as per 3ed would involve a lots of not too reliable scripting. Trust me.

Archived