Disintegrate spell improvement needed

Strontium Dog

AFAIR every creature comes with a number of HitDie, ie 12d12 or something like that. I assume the mod just uses the highest possible number...

But can anyone give me an idea how much more difficult the higher HP component makes the game? Will dragons go from roughly 300HP to 500HP? Will all enemies be that much more difficult to kill?

I used to play with that component installed and after having removed it I'm not noticing any difficulty lowering; that because most creatures have hit points set manually and not calculated following the same rules valid for the protagonist and his followers. After some checking installing and uninstalling the mod the biggest improvements to hit points in SoA belongs to the greater mummy ( from 104 to 112 hp ), in ToB to the fire giant ( from 100 to 123; elite fire giants have always 250 hp with or without the mod installed btw ). Almost all other creatures are unaffected, or have very little increments ( goblins from 8 to 10, elite hobgoblins from 30 to 32 and so on ), values that might make a difference only for the first part of bg1.

Afaik dragons have 200ish hit points in the unmodded SoA, SCS2 changes that to 490-580, and I'm using SR fiends with 168-230 hp, and all of them are untouched.

What made me uninstall that component of the tweakpack was the hit points increase to creatures that are supposed to die, and that takes too long with the mod installed.

Lehtinian for example has 6 hit points in the unmodded game so that Hendak can kill him in one, or two rounds if unlucky; with the mod his hit points raise to 30 so that my party has to watch the silly duel for a minute.

Carbos vs Shank simply takes ages, and that's even worse when the duel takes place in a cutscene like the assassin vs Sanik in Brinlaw.

Oopps, I'd completely forgotten what the original Bigby's hand 9th level spell did re damage, so jumped wrongly to conclusions.

I'm not so bothered by the energy-drain spell being limited, but I do think the Malek Keth's Flame Fist spell is OK, since it was featured in an AD&D official work, and so can be considered to have been rigorously playtested, albeit not on a PC.

Archived