Fixpack Issues

-JR-

My instalation of the updated fixpack on this site did not seem to fix the "____ appears busy" dialogue bug, but I have installed other mods since the fixpack.

I know fixpacks and non-weidu mods are supposed to be installed first, so heading to Baldurdash doesn't seem like the best idea. Does anyone have any suggestions on anything I can do now to fix this?

I know it should be installed before mods, that's why I did install it before them. I trust Gibberlings3 more than even Baldurdash, that's why I chose the one advertised on this website. I didn't install both because this webpage's fixpack claimed it should not be installed in conjunction with the other one. I was merely asking if there is anything I can do NOW to correct this particular issue, or do I have to reinstall the game and all mods entirely?

I eventually just reverted my computer back to factory state (partial reversions wouldn't do the trick for some reason), but it still might be a good idea to address this issue for future reference.

Has the G3 Fixpack had previous issues not solving this bug in the past, or was this most likely a sort of one-time download corruption?

I eventually just reverted my computer back to factory state (partial reversions wouldn't do the trick for some reason), but it still might be a good idea to address this issue for future reference.

Has the G3 Fixpack had previous issues not solving this bug in the past, or was this most likely a sort of one-time download corruption?

I think we're all speaking two different languages here. BG2 Fixpack does not supercede the requirement for the official Bioware patch, and has never resolved the "___ has nothing to say" bug. You still need to install the official Bioware patch even with BG2Fixpack. The general installation order is SoA + ToB + 26498 Patch, then install BG2 Fixpack before any other mods.

Part of the description was "In terms of installation order, the Fixpack should be installed after the official patches, but before other mods. Do not install the Fixpack alongside other fixpacks such as Baldurdash. There is a compatibility and redundancy thread in the Fixpack forums for the most recent information; these are the known incompatibilities and redundancies as of v5."

Ohh, I though Baldurdash was the official fixpack.. is this not the case?

The official patch is the application update provided by BioWare (see the links in the second post of this thread). You need to install the game, download the patch appropriate to your version (the ToB patch if you have installed the Throne of Bhaal expansion; otherwise, the SoA patch), run the program to update the game, and then install the Fixpack and any additional mods you'd like to play with.

The G3 BG2 Fixpack largely supersedes the Baldurdash fixpack; it's not recommended to have both installed at the same time (you'd either want to install Baldurdash or install the G3 BG2 fixpack, but never install both).

Archived