BG2 Tweaks Triple-Class HLA Tables component

aVENGER_(RR)

A player recently reported a minor compatibility problem between the Thief HLA revision component of Rogue Rebalancing and the Triple-Class HLA Tables component of the BG2 Tweak pack. It's not a game breaking issue or anything, the new and revised HLAs from RR are merely unavailable to Fighter/Mage/Thief characters with both of these components installed.

As I understand it, the problem occurs because BG2 Tweaks currently overwrites the relevant Fighter/Mage/Thief 2DA rather than patching in the changes. I'll see if I create some sort of temporary workaround for this issue but, if possible, I'd suggest to use 2DA patching in future releases of this component. :D

Cheers!

As of v8, this component patches in its changes, swapping out the specified HLA entries expected in the vanilla table for the new ones. Rogue Rebalancing's version of Alchemy and other modded abilities that might replace the expected ones are left alone.

Cool, thanks a bunch! :)

However, I've noticed that BG2 Tweaks now assumes that LUFMT.2DA and LUFMC.2DA always exist. Note that this isn't the case in the unmodded game, both files are added by the G3 BG2 Fixpack and/or some other mods (i.e. Rogue Rebalncing and Refinements). For safety, you should probably have some sort of check for that, otherwise the installation of that component will fail on an unmodded install. Here's what I use in RR:

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~LUFMT.2DA~ THEN BEGIN  // only create the new 2DA file if it doesn't already exist
 COPY_EXISTING ~LUFT0.2DA~ ~override/LUFMT.2DA~
FOR (ROW = 23; ROW < 26; ROW = ROW + 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ ROW 4 ~1~
  SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ ROW 5 ~99~
  SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ ROW 6 ~1~
END
SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ 23 1 ~AP_SPCL928~
SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ 24 1 ~AP_SPCL929~
SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ 24 7 ~AP_SPCL928~
SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ 25 1 ~AP_SPCL930~
SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ 25 7 ~AP_SPCL929~
SET_2DA_ENTRIES_NOW ~LUFMT~ 1
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END // ends Fighter/Mage/Thief 2DA existence check

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~LUFMT.2DA~ THEN BEGIN  // only create the new 2DA file if it doesn't already exist
 COPY_EXISTING ~LUFT0.2DA~ ~override/LUFMT.2DA~
FOR (ROW = 23; ROW < 26; ROW = ROW + 1) BEGIN
  SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ ROW 4 ~1~
END...

Could you also put this as an actually right form of code and not just a pretended one... by replacing the third last lines number(1) with this(41):
	  SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~LUFMT~ ROW 4 ~41~

Why? -cause someone somewhere might wish to come and then add LLA's(Low Level Abilities). :)

However, I've noticed that BG2 Tweaks now assumes that LUFMT.2DA and LUFMC.2DA always exist. Note that this isn't the case in the unmodded game, both files are added by the G3 BG2 Fixpack and/or some other mods (i.e. Rogue Rebalncing and Refinements). For safety, you should probably have some sort of check for that, otherwise the installation of that component will fail on an unmodded install.

Okay, the packages have now been sneakily updated to fix this.

Archived