Multiplayer Combat Mods?

Deten

My guild is waiting for darkfall, and we have like 12 people wanting to play baldurs gate 2 soa/tob.

We were wondering if there was a good multiplayer mod, thats not very "story" based, but is more a dungoen crawl?

I would appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks

While I havent modded for baldurs gate 2 before, I have been playing since BG1 non TotSC.

This game is sorely missing a multi-player mod and I am thinking about making one, my first attempt will be something like this:

*1 Multi-level dungeon.

*Some levels are small, and you have "waves" of monsters that spawn and you have to use tactics to defend an area. (ala boss battles)

*Others will be exploration, with a little story, and hopefully group oriented questions which require everyone to think. Furthermore, I would like to make puzzles that require multiple people to be in seperate areas of the map, possibly having multiple items that must be in each persons inventory etc...

*My goal would have a 30-40 level dungeon, and you would gain an experience level PER dungeon level. However, this will be modifiable if your just wanting to play the dungeon, or if you want it to be an add on to a single player experience so that it gives less experience

The goal would be to have a fun ~5 hour experience which will provide alot of combat for a group of 4-6 people.

Are you aware that such a thing might take years to be done? IWD1 (+ expansions) and IWD2 should provide a more combat-oriented experience while keeping the base BG2-style gameplay, especially if you aren't interested in dialogues or plot.

Are you aware that such a thing might take years to be done? IWD1 (+ expansions) and IWD2 should provide a more combat-oriented experience while keeping the base BG2-style gameplay, especially if you aren't interested in dialogues or plot.

Not specifically years, but I am aware that it will take a while. I hear you about IWD2, but imo baldurs gate is such a great game I would rather put my efforts into making it better than resorting to IWD... which is fun, but it never did it for me the way bg series did.

Well, since IWD uses the same engine, all you get is a different story, and you say you aren't interested in it.

Icen

No you mistook me, I love IWD, but it isnt one of my favorite games of all time. Baldurs gate is, and I would love to support it with extra "stuff" rather than IWD

Well, what we are saying is that for the short term game, because your fellow players are somewhat unlikely to wait years for such a mod to arrive, you could simply play IWD.

And also, since what you are asking for is known as a Conversion Mod, and usually replaces the current game with it's own, so you would not really be 'improving' the game, merely using it for your own smaller game.

Icen

Zyraen over at SHS has the Silmarillion conversion mod that involved a lot of tactics and combat. I know he was looking for people interested in helping out with writing and stuff a few months ago, not sure if he still is, but if you are interested but don't have the technical know how, I would ask him. I don't know if multiplayer stuff was what he had in mind but it wouldn't hurt to ask him I'm sure.

Linky.

He was a few weeks ago, and from what I have heard, it would be great tactically.

Icen

Ah okay, good then. Yeah, he's come up with a rather cool way of making the game very tactical without making it annoying. I think he has screens in the forum.

Archived