NPC music blending with original music

Halleck

Hi, I'm new to this community, and am enjoying this mod immensely. It adds new character and life to the original BG1 game. :p I'm particularly enjoying Imoen's banter and her exploration of magical skills.

I've also installed the BG1 NPC music version 2. The music selection's great; however, one problem I'm having is that the program plays both the background music and banter music at the same time!!! :( This wouldn't be so bad, except, that sometimes they clash pretty bad. (Imoen's music and the background music for the woods are particularly bad.)

I bought a new machine several weeks ago, and so I have a pretty clean install.

I installed the following

BG1 (3 disk set) & patches

BGII, TOB & patches (including Balderdash)

TUTU v 4

At this point I copied the music folder from BG1 to BGII, this might be my issue??

TUTU fix v4

TUTU tweaks v3

BG1 NPC v6

BG1 NPC music V2

Please let me know if this is a known issue or a "feature" and if it's unique to my system. If it's unique, I guess I can try reinstalling to see if that clears up the issue.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this mod.

It is how it works right now; we are exploring ways to do it differently, but unfortunately it requires a bunch of additional coding (means adding a code to EVERY banter, and there are over 900) to make the music not to overlap the background one...

Archived