pb with firkraag

DrAzTiK

lol Maybe i don't understand the magic system but I launch on him Secret Word, Pierce Magic, Khelben's Warding Whip and he still have his minor spell turning (from a contengencie).

I would like to ask you another thing David :

Can you say me how react blinded creatures in SCS II especially dragoons ? Coz i have tested to blind one and it seems able to see me .

ty

lol Maybe i don't understand the magic system but I launch on him Secret Word, Pierce Magic, Khelben's Warding Whip and he still have his minor spell turning (from a contengencie).

Actually, I've noticed that, too. I hit Firkragg with two Pierce Shields (for lowering his resistance :worship: ), and a Khelben's Warding Whip, and he still reflected half of the Magic Missiles I threw at him (I love Time Stop :p).

As far i rembember, i had a similar impression in Inderdark ( Beholders lair). It was impossible for me to reduce magic resistance of the the last elder orbs (south east) even after I canceled his abjuration immunity.

Fortunately, blind beholder works good (contrary to dragoons) :worship:

Maybe i' am wrong , I just want to notice and report it . ^^

OK, I've just checked the scripts - and Firkraag is just using a vanilla-game spell turning effect. So if standard antimagic isn't bringing it down, it must be a local glitch (or possibly another mod, I guess).

SCS2 dragons are immune to blindness. If you want an in-game justification, put it down to the well-known fact that all of a dragon's senses are very acute, so they can manage even when blinded... but really, it's because I couldn't see an in-game counter and I thought that blindness was otherwise rather too over-powered against dragons. (On the other hand, beholders in SCS2 are explicitly coded to lose their powers when blinded - though they'll use their antimagic rays on each other to remove the blindness.)

Archived