Version 8

DavidW

There was more, yeah. I don't recall how much of it was significant or even what I did, really. After a while I'd started tangenteering on preventing double installs and Baldurdash + Fixpack abominations (not a good idea, but it kept my inner busybody amused).

There were a couple of problems with the Saemon Havarian / Githyanki cutscene overhaul that absolutely needed addressing - I didn't find all of them, but there's a potential gamestopper lurking in there. I think that was the only must-do; the rest is small stuff which thou shalt not sweat. Hopefully someone nabbed the big ick already.

Thanks for keeping up with it.

Guest Matthew

I think I found a typo. Mencar Pebblecrusher, the dwarf in the Den of the 7 Vales, says to git or you'll "get a taste of his axe". What axe? It's a hammer not an axe. So either he's incredibly drunk (yet still fights awfully well for someone about 4 foot tall) or that's a legit typo. Also, and I know that this is nit picking a bit, but why do bad guys get to have familiars that are as tough as Pooky and yet you can't? I'm not saying that's something that needs changing, but boy wouldn't it have been nice to be able to get a familiar that gets stronger as you get stronger? One of my top complaints with the game is an evil party has few if any rewards for being evil. Almost every evil decision ends up giving you the shaft. And, good guys can have rangers & paladins, 6 kits there. The only specifically evil character is the Talos priest. It's lopsided. Oh, and thank you all very much for improving the game so dramatically. If it weren't for all this work with fixpacks and tweaks the game would be much less interesting. Good job!

I mentioned this back when v6 was released, but got no response. Why is Grandmaster's armor made usable by monks? Regardless of the movement speed boost, it remains leather armor and should not be usable by monks.

Edit: I just checked and in the game the armor is now unusable by monks (bravo!), though this is not reflected in the documentation, which still states that it has been made usable by monks.

Russian translation is ready. :blush:

Please update, 'cause russian tra in original archive is invalid.

This translation for v8. It can still contain a minor grammar errors in some words.

http://forums.aerie.ru/download/file.php?id=1920

Translation by FESS *beta*

p.s. Not translated Game Text Update. Not needed for a russian version, 'cause we have own perfect rus patch. :D

Thanks

Archived