undroppable 'potion'

Ithildur

I've noticed that both Montaron and Jaheira, when first recruiting them, have the dwptnnd non droppable 'potion' items in their inventory, the ones that use the fire agate bam. I'm using version 11 and chose the 'some potions are not recoverable' option from NPC's use potions component. Is there no fix to this atm? I'm reluctant to uninstall/reinstall especially if it's not going to fix the issue.

thanks.

I've noticed that both Montaron and Jaheira, when first recruiting them, have the dwptnnd non droppable 'potion' items in their inventory, the ones that use the fire agate bam. I'm using version 11 and chose the 'some potions are not recoverable' option from NPC's use potions component. Is there no fix to this atm? I'm reluctant to uninstall/reinstall especially if it's not going to fix the issue.
They probably aren't actually potions, but items to allow their scripts to be run. If you give them another script like the 'None' from the character customization, the item should disappear.
Guest Guest_temujin_*

sounds like a bug/oversight. IMO, undroppable potions/items shouldn't be given to joinable NPCs. Just creates unnecessary inconvenience.

sounds like a bug/oversight.

Yep.

IMO, undroppable potions/items shouldn't be given to joinable NPCs. Just creates unnecessary inconvenience.

also, yep. They're not supposed to be, but something obviously isn't firing properly. Will chase.

Found it; fixed in v12.

Wonderful; simply install it, no need to uninstall older version since it's post version 8, correct (I had version 11)?

Yep. (But it won't remove those undroppable items from characters whose areas you've already entered. Sorry)

Found it; fixed in v12.

Wonderful; simply install it, no need to uninstall older version since it's post version 8, correct (I had version 11)?

Yep. (But it won't remove those undroppable items from characters whose areas you've already entered. Sorry)

NP; removing them via NI isn't a big deal.

Archived