Quick question about the Ease-of-use AI

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Regarding the AI prioritising active targets, do they still do this even if you don't use D and F to switch between melee and ranged? I've found that sometimes when a character is walking and I press one of these keys, the weapon switch doesn't actually occur. I instead use F2 and F3 to switch between melee and ranged, and this works every time. So I was just wondering if the prioritising active targets bit still happens even if I use F2 and F3 instead of D and F (hope I've explained what I mean clearly enough).

Please also consider this topic a friendly reminder to include the Ease-of-use party AI (from SCS II) in the next version of SCS.

Please also consider this topic a friendly reminder to include the Ease-of-use party AI (from SCS II) in the next version of SCS.

Signed :p

Is this just for convenience? (or: does this mean that installing the SCSII version isn't working for you in a BG1 game?)

Guest D. U. Bertie

Had I not already played BG2 with SCS II, I would not be aware that the version in SCS (I) isn't as good. So for convenience, and for all those people yet to try SCS II and realise that they can use the version from that instead.

Hmm, in case it's not obvious, I'm talking about people using SCS (I) on an EasyTutu install.

Guest D. U. Bertie

Thanks, DavidW. All I'm doing is using F2 and F3 to switch weapons instead of D and F. I'll let you know if I spot anything odd when using the F keys.

Wow, SCSII ease of use AI can be used for tutu games? I'd be glad to try it; quick question though, do I need to install ScsII's version of Detectable spells for the scsII script to work properly? I noticed that there are a couple of minor differences between the DS component for scs and scsII

Wow, SCSII ease of use AI can be used for tutu games? I'd be glad to try it; quick question though, do I need to install ScsII's version of Detectable spells for the scsII script to work properly? I noticed that there are a couple of minor differences between the DS component for scs and scsII

No, you don't iirc (though doing so would be harmless).

I'd forgotten that SCSII's AI is better than SCS's. Can someone remind me of the differences? (Yes, I know I should know...)

Guest D. U. Bertie

The main (only) difference I know of is the 'No-melee mode' (K key), which I find very useful for non-front line spellcasters who have a melee weapon equipped.

The main (only) difference I know of is the 'No-melee mode' (K key), which I find very useful for non-front line spellcasters who have a melee weapon equipped.

Oh yes, that's right.

So did I, in fact: that was a frustrating feature when I last played thru BG1 which I fixed before BG2.

In any case, certainly I'll include it in the next release (if I remember!)

Guest D. U. Bertie

Oh, a quick glance at the readmes shows that the SCS II version has four settings for casting some long-duration spells when out of combat (S Key), but the SCS (I) version only has one.

Archived