Can't find bags of holding after IWD Tweak Pack

MindBlank

Hello there!

I stopped playing at the beginning of chapter 6 some months ago. I formatted my entire harddrive but a few days ago i felt like finishing IWD since i really liked how my characters turned out.

So i reinstalled IWD + HoW + TotLM. When i played it the first time i used these mods : Widescreen, EoU and IWD Tweak Pack. I remember i had a bottomless bag of holding in one of my chars inventory and also had ammo belts. Now however, they're gone and can't find bags of holding or ammo belts anywhere (Gerth, Orrick, Bandoth etc.) I first only installed EoU and noticed my BoH missing and that there were none in the stores also, so i installed IWD Tweak Pack but the situation hasn't changed.

It's a real bummer playing without BoH as there are a lot of items that are worth picking up and constant trips to Kuldahar isn't that fun, so please, some help if you will... :p

I'm running Vista if that has any importance.

EDIT : This is very important and i forgot to mention. None of the mods work! It's not just the BoH and Ammo belts...

I'm running Vista if that has any importance.

EDIT : This is very important and i forgot to mention. None of the mods work! It's not just the BoH and Ammo belts...

Did you disable the User Account Control before you installed the mods? Also some virus detection software prevent WeiDU from working, and if the game is in the default directory(C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale), Vista just ignores the changes made by mods, cause of the double security loop.

So my advice is to reinstall the game to the C:\Games\Icewind Dale -directory. Make sure you remove the Read only flag from the directory, and play the game once so it auto saves itself(so make a 1 person group), before you install any mods.

UAC is disabled and the game isn't installed in the default directory (Program Files/...).

I didn't reinstall the game but i did disable and unload my antivirus and un-ticked the Read-only flag and also started a fresh game and let the game make it's first autosave. All of this without any mods, except Widescreen, installed. After that i reinstalled the Tweak Pack and no...it doesn't work.

I remember i didn't install the EoU and IWD TP mods before starting this game all those months ago, (i think in 2007 :p) i did it mid game, around the end of Chapter 2 as i was fed up with stacking arrows. And i remember it worked great, i didn't have to start e new game or anything. However, i was running Windows XP SP2 at that time...

Any more suggestions? :p

I'm running XP, so I can't help with Vista.

As with Jarno: did you install to C:\Program Files\(game folder)? XP and Vista seem to have a problem with modifying any program if it's in the Program Files folder.

If so, try installing somewhere else on the C: drive, but you'd probably do better installing on another drive altogether.

It's on another drive altogether. :p

EDIT : Wouldn't not being able to modify the files be easily visible? I mean, when installing i get confirmation that hundreds of files are modified. Wouldn't i get an error if modifying them wasn't possible?

EDIT 2 : Can't i manually install the parts from the IWD Tweak Pack that i want? Such as the bags of holding and the infinite stacking?

EDIT 3 : :p New thought : it can't be Vista...why did Widescreen MOD install without trouble (and it's working)?

After that i reinstalled the Tweak Pack and no...it doesn't work.
Start a new game... as you most probably have already visited the sellers and so their store files are saved to your old save game...

Now, if you wish to get it in the newly started game, buy them from...

Ammo belts are added to Conlan, Lehland, Emmeric, and Hobart (TotL) and Bags of Holding are added to Orrick the Grey, Bandoth, and Kiernan Nye (TotL).

Or use the console with this:

GETYOURCHEATON:CreateItem("cdhold1")

cdhold2, cdhold3, bagh01 work too...

Now, why in the name of the unheaven would you leave the Widescreen mod installed?

I install it as the very last mod, this is cause the game does works without the Widescreen mod in a widescreen monitor...

And what do you mean that the mod doesn't work? Put the SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.DEBUG into a archive and upload it to somewhere and link it to here, so I can have a look. This is in case it's more than about a page long.

I tried the console thing and it works.

This is what the log says : WeiDU v 21000 Log

D:\Games\Icewind Dale\setup-G3DaleTweaks.exe

[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 287467 bytes

[./CHITIN.KEY] 268 BIFFs, 19992 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 3358935 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 34505 string entries

[./icewind.ini] loaded, 1679 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [d:\games\Icewind Dale\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [d:\games\Icewind Dale\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [d:\games\Icewind Dale\CD3\]

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 10865 bytes

[./Language.ini] loaded, 24217 bytes

[D:\Games\Icewind Dale\setup-G3DaleTweaks.exe] Using scripting style "IWD1"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Choose your language:

0 [English]

1 [Czech (Razfallow and Vlasák)]

2 [Francais (Anomaly, Elgaern the Dragon Slayer, Isaya, elminster)]

3 [Deutsche Sprache (Leonardo Watson, Caswallon, jester)]

4 [italiano (Andrea Colombo, Antonio Favata)]

5 [Korean (web2air)]

6 [Polski (yarpen, Artanis, dragionian, Evendur, Grjgori, Neminus)]

7 [Russian (Kulyok, Creepin, Domi, Serdrick, aerie.ru)]

8 [Espanol (Clan DLAN)]

Can i use GETYOURCHEATON:CreateItem("cdhold1") in my game without any problems? Does this mean that the mod is installed properly and is working correctly?

Well, the mod is clearly not installed. Restart the setup-G3DaleTweaks.exe in the game directory, and the problem was that you didn't choose language. :p So push the 0 and Enter bottoms.

Can i use GETYOURCHEATON:CreateItem("cdhold1") in my game without any problems? Does this mean that the mod is installed properly and is working correctly?
Not without installing the mod, the "bagh01" will work.

No, no...i went through the whole setup a couple of times as i uninstalled it 3 times until now. That is very weird! So i was right...the mod is not installed.

How come i have this in the WeiDU log?

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Assorted Fixes

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Add Bags of Holding

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // BG2 Grand Mastery

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)

Well, obviously you didn't have a clear install.

I would advice to uninstall the game and clear the game folder, and then reinstall everything.

But if you are willing to risk it, you can just remove the WeiDU.log and then install the mod.

Any more ideas? :p
Just idea: Which .exe do you use to open the game? It need to be opened with the IDmain.exe from the game folder, and not from the CD.

doesn't work -> no BoH - i tried at Orrick's shop.
Had you already been in the shop in the savegame?

I just realized that ammo stacking isn't working and i have 3 of my 4 characters equiped with a long range weapon. When my current stack runs out they'll be going through those 40 stacks of ammo in no time, which means i'll have to keep my inventory occupied with arrows/bolts/bullets which in turn makes not having bags of holding really really annoying and cumbersome...

Any more ideas would be extremely appreciated. :p

Archived