Uninstall existing Baldurdash fixpack?

Guest Carinna

Guest Carinna

The description says the fixpack will not work with the Baldurdash fixpack installed. However, I already have the ToB Baldurdash fixpack installed, so how do I go about removing it? Do I need to completely uninstall/reinstall the game? I checked the Baldurdash website, but couldn't find an uninstaller for the ToB patch (hoping you have something here).

Also, where (which forum) do I post any bugs I find that don't appear to be fixed by your patch?

The description says the fixpack will not work with the Baldurdash fixpack installed. However, I already have the ToB Baldurdash fixpack installed, so how do I go about removing it? Do I need to completely uninstall/reinstall the game? I checked the Baldurdash website, but couldn't find an uninstaller for the ToB patch (hoping you have something here).

Also, where (which forum) do I post any bugs I find that don't appear to be fixed by your patch?

If the BG2 baldurdash is anything like the bg1 baldurdash, then you'll need to uninstall and reinstall your game unless you've made a backup of your override directory and other files prior to installing the baldurdash fixpack. If you do have a backup then you can just delete the contents of your override directory and replace with the contents from your backup.

Not sure where, but there are backup copies of the BG2 SOA and TOB overrides in one of the game forums. Most likely G3 or Pocketplane, but I can't remember where I saw them...

Not sure where, but there are backup copies of the BG2 SOA and TOB overrides in one of the game forums. Most likely G3 or Pocketplane, but I can't remember where I saw them...
That would be here in a .rar pack, but it's easier to just uninstall the whole BGII game, then delete the game folder(REMEMBER TO DO THIS!!!), and then just reinstall the SoA and ToB and the patch v(2.5.)26498.

Now, it's a bit different if the Baldurdash fixpack is the WeiDU version that is from the BWL, it just needs to be uninstalled from the setup-BDTOBV166.exe...

That would be here in a .rar pack, but it's easier to just uninstall the whole BGII game, then delete the game folder(REMEMBER TO DO THIS!!!), and then just reinstall the SoA and ToB and the patch v(2.5.)25498.

I disagree that it's easier. Restoring your override from the pocketplane link takes seconds, rather than a half hour or so to redo a full install from the discs.

I disagree that it's easier. Restoring your override from the pocketplane link takes seconds, rather than a half hour or so to redo a full install from the discs.
Yeah, it takes more time, but it's also safer, and it saves more space... as the .rar doesn't have the 'data' folder included, which is always altered by the largest mods. And so there is no garantee of wasted .bifs, and I don't think that even works with all of the BG2 versions.

Darn numbers... previous post edited v(2.5.)25498->v(2.5.)26498.

Of course, I have my own copies of the original game folders, that run on their own etc. backup folders, multimod installs etc. so it takes me less time to actually copy the appropriate to-mod-start-setup than the half an hour, at which point I am most probably still downloading the mod, still.

Guest Carinna

Thank you. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the whole thing. Have to say I really appreciate the feature that the narration now appears in the window instead of as callouts.

What I'm really looking foward to is being able to finally un-charm Glaicus in D'

Arnise Keep.

Archived