someone coming to you after a fight

Briannandoah

Okay, I am writing my first ever mod, and know nothing about coding yet. So I was wondering if it is possible to spawn a person to come and talk to the PC right after the party has killed some monsters and all of them are dead?

Like: A groups of monsters, hack and slash, all of them are dead -> a little girl approaches the group and cries for help.

I only need to know in this point if this can be done, so I know I can write such a meeting in the story.

It is possible and can be done in different ways.

I am not sure what you have in mind but if all the monsters are unique, you can give each of them their own death variable. Then you can use BALDUR.BCS or the area script to check if the monsters have been killed and then perform the appropriate action.

If the monsters are all of the same type, you could save a copy of them in a new file, give them a new script which increase a global every time one of them dies, and then, as above, have a script trigger when the global reaches a specific value.

-Echon

Okay, I didn't want to start a new thread with this, so I hope someone reads this :)

Is it possible to make new merchants in the BGII? I am planning on couple of specialized merchants, who really don't have anything very important to buy, but it would be nice that you could at least go to see what they have, because they are a big part of the mod I am making.

Also would like to know, if it is possible to make doors to houses that don't have them, and use some interior as that house then (to empty one of the existing interiors for the time that that interior is in use) or to create a new interior with similar look than there already is in the game? I explain this more clearly: If I plan to get the party inside a house that has no door in the original game, and of course that house needs interior too. Or am I forced to use only existing houses or the streets (in Trademeet)?

All of the above can be done. A merchant is nothing more than a CRE with a DLG that refers to a STO.

As you may have noticed, many indoor areas look the same (especially in BG) but have different content. That is because they share the same TIS and WED, but have a unique ARE. You can do that, too. :)

-Echon

It is possible and can be done in different ways.

I am not sure what you have in mind but if all the monsters are unique, you can give each of them their own death variable. Then you can use BALDUR.BCS or the area script to check if the monsters have been killed and then perform the appropriate action.

If the monsters are all of the same type, you could save a copy of them in a new file, give them a new script which increase a global every time one of them dies, and then, as above, have a script trigger when the global reaches a specific value.

-Echon

Also, if they're the only monsters in a unique area, you could use !Detect([ENEMY]) and that should do the trick.

Also, if they're the only monsters in a unique area, you could use !Detect([ENEMY]) and that should do the trick.

Except that Detect() is limited to seeing and hearing enemies, so if there still are enemies left in the fog of war, the person that talks to the party might spawn too early.

-Echon

Archived