IWD-HOW Widescreen Mod Installation Failed :(

Guest DeAth

Guest DeAth

The debug file data is attached. Please suggest a solution. I have installed the game just now, and its not a cracked version.

C:\ARYA\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\setup-widescreen.exe

[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 272638 bytes

[./CHITIN.KEY] 228 BIFFs, 19013 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 3289632 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 34502 string entries

[./icewind.ini] loaded, 554 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\]

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 7605 bytes

[./Language.ini] loaded, 24217 bytes

[C:\ARYA\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\setup-widescreen.exe] Using scripting style "IWD1"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 20 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

Install Component [Widescreen Mod]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [Widescreen Mod]

Creating 1 directory

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/MVEFILE2.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD2\/DATA/MVEFILE2.BIF]

[C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD2\/DATA/MVEFILE2.BIF] 149557204 bytes, 5 files, 0 tilesets

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/EMOV2.BIF]

[C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/EMOV2.BIF] 48522336 bytes, 1 files, 0 tilesets

Enter your X coordinate. It should be a number, >= 800.

Enter your Y coordinate. It should be a number, >= 600.

1280 x 800.

Are you sure? Y/N

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[idmain.exe] loaded, 6819840 bytes

at 220688 expected 960 had 8992

FAILURE:

EXE patching failed.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: [idmain.exe] -> [idmain.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("EXE patching failed."))

ERROR Installing [Widescreen Mod], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Failure("EXE patching failed.")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=12988

Using Language [English]

You need Trials of the Luremaster installed in order to get the widescreen mod to work with HOW. Trials of the Luremaster is a free expansion that also updates the game to the 1.42 patch. (The same patch required to allow widescreen mod to work.) Try this link to get it. Trials of the Luremaster @ Fileplanet

Uninstall all mods and try the widescreen mod with the expansion, if you are still having problems then report back...

Guest DeAth
You need Trials of the Luremaster installed in order to get the widescreen mod to work with HOW. Trials of the Luremaster is a free expansion that also updates the game to the 1.42 patch. (The same patch required to allow widescreen mod to work.) Try this link to get it. Trials of the Luremaster @ Fileplanet

Uninstall all mods and try the widescreen mod with the expansion, if you are still having problems then report back...

I installed Trials of Luremaster (which makes it IWD1+ HOW + TOTLM, installed in that order) and now it shows a different error:

C:\ARYA\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\setup-widescreen.exe

[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 287467 bytes

[./CHITIN.KEY] 268 BIFFs, 19992 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 3358595 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 34502 string entries

[./icewind.ini] loaded, 554 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [E:\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\]

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 7605 bytes

[./Language.ini] loaded, 24217 bytes

[C:\ARYA\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\setup-widescreen.exe] Using scripting style "IWD1"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Using Language [English]

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [Widescreen Mod]

Creating 1 directory

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/MVEFILE2.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD2\/DATA/MVEFILE2.BIF]

[C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD2\/DATA/MVEFILE2.BIF] 149557204 bytes, 5 files, 0 tilesets

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/EMOV2.BIF]

[C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/EMOV2.BIF] 48522336 bytes, 1 files, 0 tilesets

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/ZAR9700.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD2\/DATA/ZAR9700.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [E:\/DATA/ZAR9700.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\/DATA/ZAR9700.BIF]

[C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\/DATA/ZAR9700.BIF] 6215609 bytes, 9 files, 1 tilesets

Your game is not currently supported, sorry.

Only ToB (eventually with Tutu), TotSC, IWD2 and HoW currently work.

FAILURE:

Unsupported game.

ERROR Installing [Widescreen Mod], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Failure("Unsupported game.")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=12988

Using Language [English]

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Widescreen Mod

WeiDU Timings

MKDIR 0.000

PATCH_PRINT 0.000

adding translation strings 0.000

unmarshal BIFF 0.000

FAIL 0.000

OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000

READ_* 0.000

load TLK 0.000

Parsing TP2 files 0.000

DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000

DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000

parsing .tra files 0.000

OUTER_SET 0.000

parsing .log files 0.000

tp2 uninstall 0.000

OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT 0.000

PATCH_IF 0.000

INCLUDE 0.000

process_patch2 0.000

loading files 0.015

unmarshal KEY 0.015

Parsing TPA files 0.031

unmarshal TLK 0.047

eval_pe 0.922

stuff not covered elsewhere 38.267

TOTAL 39.297

Guest DeAth

I got Widescreen mod v1 from somewhere and it worked!

There was only one warning:

ERROR: BIFF [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/EMOV2.BIF]: unable to extract file 0

Is this anything that I should be worried about? The game is working fine in 1280x800 res.

ERROR: BIFF [C:\Arya\Program Files\Games\Icewind Dale\CD3\/DATA/EMOV2.BIF]: unable to extract file 0

Is this anything that I should be worried about? The game is working fine in 1280x800 res.

Well, the game might crash to desktop when you try to see the movie... but that might happen either way. Now, are you completely sure the game was a full installation? And how much space did it take on the folder in KB's or MB's.
Guest DeAth

Well, the game might crash to desktop when you try to see the movie... but that might happen either way. Now, are you completely sure the game was a full installation? And how much space did it take on the folder in KB's or MB's.

IWD1 + HOW + TOTLM = 1.83 GB (1,973,680,894 bytes)

Guest Kraven_Khor

Hey all, just want to confirm that i have the same problem as _DeAth_while installing version v2.1, IWD1+ HOW + TOTLM is installed. Just installed widescreen v1 and it works with same error as described above, thx for that tip btw. This is on Vista so it might be because of that?

To get version 2 working in IWD+HOW+TOTLM you need to do some additional things. Weidu's GAME_IS check was updated to look specifically for the presence of TOTLM. Unfortunately, the Bigg did not update the widescreen mod's tp2 files after having updated the Weidu. This is from the Bigg. Follow these instructions and version 2 will work just fine in IWD+HOW+TOTLM. I should know. I followed them and got it working just fine in my game...

Open (using Notepad) widescreen/lib/game_config.tpa and do a search-and-replace (ctrl-h), substituting every instance of 'HoW' with 'TotLM'. Repeat for widescreen/widescreen.tp2.

Just wanted to say that this advice applied to me and my installation, as well. Huge thanks for the tip!

(maybe it merits adding to Common Problems, though IWD is hardly common. :mwaha: )

And extremely huge THANK YOU to the_bigg and Co for the Widescreen mod in general - I had no idea Baldur's Gate was meant to be This Cool(23" Apple Cinema Display here. Not a big one, I know, but compared to 14" laptop - yeah, there is a difference). Fantastic. :rolleyes:

Guest MtnDog
To get version 2 working in IWD+HOW+TOTLM you need to do some additional things.

Thanks for the tip - worked great. The sidebars look a little funky, but the rest is beautiful at 1920x1200.

Guest Frek

Just wanted to say thank you for the Widescreen mod.

I was having a hard time figuring out why it worked fine with all my other IE games but not IWD/HOW/TotLM. The instructions above solved it. Thanks again.

Archived