Mod for Viconia

Guest Laevoth

Guest Laevoth

Is there any mod out there that prevents Viconia (Or any other evil npc) from leaving when you have a rep of 20? I personally find this irritating and don't wish to lose her. I found forums that talked about her leaving but never found a solution.

If you know of anything (and have first hand experience knowing it works) please let me know.

Guest Laevoth
Vanilla BG1? The Happy Patch component of BG1Tweaks should work, though it'll also disable any conflicts between in-party NPCs.

I've been playing the game since the start with the BG1Tweaks, but it still seemed like she wanted to leave =(

Guest Laevoth
Check your weidu.log and make sure you didn't install the component where they can complain, but will never leave.

The only thing I could think of that would come close to what you've described is:

~BG1TWEAKS/SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls (BETA): 1

Is that what you are referring to?

Laevoth, the Adjust NPC Reactions is supposed to alter the joining reaction (high rep makes good NPCs more willing, evil NPCs less willing), not get them to leave. I always use the Happy Patch allowing NPCs to complaint but not leave, and I always use Vicci. The Happy Patch is also supposed to kill NPC-NPC conflicts, so they don't try killing each other (Vicci/Kivan, Tiax/Quayle, etc.).

It might be a good idea to post the contents of your WeiDU log here.

Laevoth, the Adjust NPC Reactions is supposed to alter the joining reaction (high rep makes good NPCs more willing, evil NPCs less willing), not get them to leave. I always use the Happy Patch allowing NPCs to complaint but not leave, and I always use Vicci. The Happy Patch is also supposed to kill NPC-NPC conflicts, so they don't try killing each other (Vicci/Kivan, Tiax/Quayle, etc.).

It might be a good idea to post the contents of your WeiDU log here.

Update: Found it. I hope this works. Apparently I'm blind. :)

This "Happy Patch" everyone talks about, is it foiled into BG1Tweaks or is it a whole separate entity on it's own? I know on the patch notes or "features" it mentioned a "Happy Patch", but during the installation/unpackaging of the BG1Tweaks it asked me for no such patch to be installed in the DOS window.

Such as

"Install happy patch?"

[Y]es [N]O

This "Happy Patch" everyone talks about, is it foiled into BG1Tweaks or is it a whole separate entity on it's own? I know on the patch notes or "features" it mentioned a "Happy Patch", but during the installation/unpackaging of the BG1Tweaks it asked me for no such patch to be installed in the DOS window.

Such as

"Install happy patch?"

[Y]es [N]O

Happy Patch (that's the name of the component) is part of the "Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats" section. It has three variations, so you have to select the variation you want instead of (I)install.

I also asked you to post the contents of your WeiDU.log file. It's also a way for us to verify if it installed, or if there may be a mod conflict if you have other mods installed. Just open up the file in any text editor, then copy/paste in your next post.

Archived