Questions.

Arikan

Ok, I like to go back and play Baulder's Gate everyonce and a while and i always hated haveing to chose between 5 other party members. So i started looking for a mod to fix that problem and i got directed to GemRB. So I would like to know if this remake can do that. I have looked around and I don't understand nearly anything you guys say about install or anything. I tried and failed miserably at it. I hope you guys can help me.

So it is possible then. I have absolutly no modding skills so I am guessing i would have to learn and mod it my self?

Yes, it is possible, but as it (>6 party) is not part of any official game, you are on your own.

It is quite easy, actually.

You just have to change the PARTY_SIZE constant in some guiscript, fix the .chu by adding the new portrait slots, etc.

I believe this could be done without touching any core engine code.

If you find some guiscript which has a hardcoded 6, instead of PARTY_SIZE, tell us :rolleyes:

Guest Marvin

I've been searching a mod like this for years. So if it is so easy to make additional characters join the party, why hasn't anyone done it yet?

Is there any programme that I can use to alter the gui script myself? Would be so great if I could have a 8 or 10 member party.

Thanks a lot!

Marvin

Guest Marvin

What a pitty...

Can someone explain me what I have to do in order to make >6 possible?

Is this also possible without GemRB? an I just place NI in my folder and start editing or is GemRB a requirement?

Marvin

What a pitty...

Can someone explain me what I have to do in order to make >6 possible?

Is this also possible without GemRB? an I just place NI in my folder and start editing or is GemRB a requirement?

Marvin

It is definitely tougher without GemRB. And impossible with NI.

You would need to hack/patch your original .exe if you want to achieve this without GemRB.

And no one found the exact location(s) in the exe to increase the party limit.

Not like anyone looked for it too much.

Is there any program whith witch I could edit the .exe?

What codes should I search for?

Marvin

1. The wsm mod does some of this editing, look at it.

There is also an example about code patching here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=16550

2. Well, you look for the code you want to change.

I think you are on your own at this point.

Maybe someone else will do it before you learn how to do it.

But i think, it is much easier to do the same with gemrb, even with waiting for the completion.

Here seems a better place to ask than wishlist :(

Are high-res modes supported, or is it planned to add such support? I would love to see 1280x1024 working properly in particular because 1024x768 looks crappy on my LCD display.

High res needs new *.chu files. The code shouldn't change (probably just guiscript).

The original engine simply rescaled (and sometimes faulted at it) smaller res bitmaps for the high res.

It is possible that we do this as well (except that we would do it right), but this isn't top priority.

Yeah, with widescreen mod we can already play in many higher resolutions. Once I read a thread where players were asking if this mod could also alter world map screen to show much more of the huge map from WorldMap mod in bigger resolutions, and the mod's author agreed that this would be cool, but not possible as it's hardcoded, I hope that if gemrb will have higher resolutions eventually implemented the world map would trully benefit from it :D

As I see GemRB seems to have no problems with running in 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions and when using the last the world map window looks like this:

mapau.th.jpg

Would it be possible just by editing GUIscripts, not *.chu files, to forcely extend the red bordered area at least to the left, right and bottom ends? So it would be just overlapping the background art but still would be draggable with mouse cursor, locations would be still clickable etc.?

Archived