Multiplayer is impossible?

medic2000

Isn't there any way to do it?
Meaning exactly what? As you should be able the play Multiplayer. If you have Vista OS, you probably just have to allow the connection(even in the TCP/IP) when it asks it(if it's not allowed), by exiting the game by pushing the Windows button. But that has nothing to do with the Widescreen mod...
Meaning exactly what? As you should be able the play Multiplayer. If you have Vista OS, you probably just have to allow the connection(even in the TCP/IP) when it asks it(if it's not allowed), by exiting the game by pushing the Windows button. But that has nothing to do with the Widescreen mod...

Excerpt from the "Common problems":

Only the non-DX8 version of TotSC can be patched. If you installed the DX8 patch (or have the 3CD edition of ToS), you can simply install the non-DX8 patch over that to install this mod. Unfortunately, this means that you cannot play multiplayer in TotSC with the Widescreen Mod.

Excerpt from the "Common problems":

Only the non-DX8 version of TotSC can be patched. If you installed the DX8 patch (or have the 3CD edition of ToS), you can simply install the non-DX8 patch over that to install this mod. Unfortunately, this means that you cannot play multiplayer in TotSC with the Widescreen Mod.

I have wondered about that myself, but since DX is up to version 10 now. Perhaps the problem is gone. Someone needs to test it out. Try to do multi-player without using the DX8 patch and let us know what happens.
Someone needs to test it out. Try to do multi-player without using the DX8 patch and let us know what happens.
Well, my basic game works(in Vista and DX10) in TCP/IP, as I said, a virus detection software just notices an unusual activity, so it needs to be allowed.

baldr000o.png

So I do not see the WSM changing anything on this respect. And no, I do not wish to show you the WSM result cause I do not wish to corrupt the one and only original BG1.

Basically the problem with Baldur's Gate and DirectX newer than the one BG was delivered (6) with was always restricted to the ability to play online with TCP/IP, according to the patch notes. The DirectX patches only fixed that problem. But, as far as I know, it was always safe to play in multiplayer if you only intended to create several characters on your own single computer.

However, if medic2000 intends to play Baldur's Gate with someone else in multiplayer, I'm afraid it won't work properly without the DirectX8 patch. So he'll have to choose: widescreen or network play, until someone can submit the offsets to patch for the DirectX 8 version of the executable (it may be there are several versions of that executable, too, if I remember correctly some thread on that topic).

Archived