Problems with Coran Romance and Brielbara

Alright, so, I waited until LT16 took place before speaking with Brielbara. We did the quest. I was sure to kick Jaheira out of the party as that made Brielbara leave in past attempts to talk to her. Anyway, Coran basically said that he wasn't sure, and he didn't want the baby.

I let six hours pass (without sleeping), and more than thirty minutes time in real life, which I set my LT timer to. Coran said nothing. Coran did nothing. I took him back to Brielbara and he still did not make a choice. I thought maybe the timer was set to longer than thirty minutes for him to decide, so I did a series of quests, even going as far as Candlekeep and finishing that up. I'd guestimate that it's been about two hours of gameplay since he met with Brielbara.

He still hasn't said anything or done anything relating to Brielbara or the baby.

He's chaotic good, and flirts are still initiated. What is the problem? He hasn't even initiated talks suggesting he was bored. Is the timer for Brielbara related stuff really high?

As to the version, I downloaded BGNPC1 on the download pages here on G3.

Thank you!

Alright, so, I waited until LT16 took place before speaking with Brielbara. We did the quest. I was sure to kick Jaheira out of the party as that made Brielbara leave in past attempts to talk to her. Anyway, Coran basically said that he wasn't sure, and he didn't want the baby.

I let six hours pass (without sleeping), and more than thirty minutes time in real life, which I set my LT timer to. Coran said nothing. Coran did nothing. I took him back to Brielbara and he still did not make a choice. I thought maybe the timer was set to longer than thirty minutes for him to decide, so I did a series of quests, even going as far as Candlekeep and finishing that up. I'd guestimate that it's been about two hours of gameplay since he met with Brielbara.

He still hasn't said anything or done anything relating to Brielbara or the baby.

He's chaotic good, and flirts are still initiated. What is the problem? He hasn't even initiated talks suggesting he was bored. Is the timer for Brielbara related stuff really high?

As to the version, I downloaded BGNPC1 on the download pages here on G3.

Thank you!

Perhaps the "BG1 NPC Project" readme helps you. There are links to hints about Coran's quest and romance.

Greetings Leomar

Guest Katewise

Hi there! I have the same problem, and have checked the readme's and everything (and went to Candlekeep while waiting for Coran to speak, like you!)... Hopefully someone will know what to do...!

Alright, well, I found a code that works in order to trigger the dialogue, Katewise. I can only hope that all the other dialogues will occur just fine even though you force him to talk to Brielbara. Here's the code:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#BriFinale","GLOBAL",1)

Just let your timer expire after you hit it. It should work.

i used the console to summon brielbara, then it asks me to do the quest again, which i did then i used the console to give me the item then went back to brie (last time she just disappeared after the quest) this time she stayed, i spoke again to her and Coran not willing to help with baby, then i left the room then coran wanted to speak to Brielbara. He looked after baby, then after a while he got a message about brie wanting baby back, so he took off. I waited two days (not sure how long i had to wait). so i slept in a inn for 2 days. Then went back to the inn she was staying at and he returned to me.

and i rather like this mod, it makes the game more enjoyable. and now coran talks more since the baby with no more glitches

Sorry for resurrecting this, but since I'm having the same issue, might as well use an existing thread.

This is my second time doing Coran's romance and this exact same problem has occurred. I did Brielbara's quest, she left, and there has been no mention of the baby, from Coran or from her, since. I've done several quests, left Baldur's Gate to go kill those ogre magi from UB and rested several times. So it's not a timer problem.

I've had LT16 before going to Baldur's Gate, and I had Jaheira, Khalid and Kivan in the party when talking to Brielbara (ie. they chimed in in the convo before she stormed off). Does this actually have an effect on the baby subplot triggering? Seems the OP had problems with Jaheira being present, but I don't see why that would happen.

My other suspicion was that maybe it was the fact that the romance had progressed past LT16? From what I understand, the baby subplot can still result in Coran leaving, but LT16 involves him vowing not to, so maybe they're mutually exclusive? I have no idea, and there don't seem to be any indications to that effect in the Readme.

I should probably mention that this happened the first time I did Coran's romance as well. The situation was a little different, though, since I actually did Brielbara's quest before starting the romance (didn't realise my CHR was too low). Maybe that borked the baby subplot out of existence, but in case it's not supposed to happen, I might as well point it out. Oh, and I also had Jaheira, Khalid and Kivan in the party when talking to Brielbara that time, if it matters.

I don't particularly mind the baby subplot not triggering, since even if it doesn't, the situation still makes sense to me, but I just figured that something must be preventing it from happening.

Archived