Request for spawn point/move point research assistance

cmorgan

I have been loaded up with all sorts of community things, and have not gotten back to some basic research on where Aran can spawn and move to.

I have a thread for the spawning, and could use help there, but I am hoping someone with some time could assist with some actual numbers - it would mean I can keep on with writing and coding without taking an afternoon to install a ton of mods and keep running through a set of testing/jumping about.

What I would like to (beg) someone to do is look for unpopulated points that make sense for Aran (basically, to do my investigative work for me)

IF ~~ a38
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, then. I'll take up fishin'.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-arankickedout","LOCALS",1) ActionOverride("c-aran",SetLeavePartyDialogFile()) ActionOverride("c-aran",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)) ActionOverride("c-aran",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("c-aran",EscapeAreaMove( <<DOCKS>> ))~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ a39
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, then. There's bugger all to do around here anyways. I'll go check on th' shops an' resupply.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-arankickedout","LOCALS",1) ActionOverride("c-aran",SetLeavePartyDialogFile()) ActionOverride("c-aran",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)) ActionOverride("c-aran",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("c-aran",EscapeAreaMove( <<MARKET>> ))~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ a40
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, then. I'll wait around th' Keep an stay hidden, like.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-arankickedout","LOCALS",1) ActionOverride("c-aran",SetLeavePartyDialogFile()) ActionOverride("c-aran",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)) ActionOverride("c-aran",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("c-aran",EscapeAreaMove( <<KEEP>> ))~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ a41
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, then. Trademeet it is.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-arankickedout","LOCALS",1) ActionOverride("c-aran",SetLeavePartyDialogFile()) ActionOverride("c-aran",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)) ActionOverride("c-aran",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("c-aran",EscapeAreaMove( <<TRADEMEET>> ))~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ a42
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, then. Might be somethin' interestin' to do around that little village, there, I guess.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-arankickedout","LOCALS",1) ActionOverride("c-aran",SetLeavePartyDialogFile()) ActionOverride("c-aran",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)) ActionOverride("c-aran",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("c-aran",EscapeAreaMove( <<WINDSPEAR>> ))~ EXIT
END

Docks,

Trademeet,

Windspear (inn or surrounds),

Marketplace,

and any interesting spawn/move-to point folks think would work well for him.

If someone can load up BG2 or BGt and grab some open real estate coordinates, I would be intensely grateful. The format is

CreateCreature("myCreature",[1552.1880],3) // AR0406

with area, x/y-axis, and facing.

I got as far as a huge search for CreateCreature calls across just about all known NPCs, with results here:

createcreature.txt

and then realized if I spend the time to sort it all out it will keep me form writing dialog for a good while!

If anyone can help out, it would be great to have some coordinates to place him and move him.

Windspear (inn or surrounds),

Unless something is extremely wrong with me... are you thinking of the Umar Hills, not the Windspear Hills?

Anyhow... here's a couple of options for the docks. Keep in mind that I don't have a huge amount of mods installed, so there may be mods which I've never tried that stick people in these locations already.

Docks:

CreateCreature("ab_sol",[2958.1259],3) // AR0300 ; just outside the Temple of Oghma, in front of the stairs

CreateCreature("ab_sol",[2500.2187],3) // AR0300 ; just outside of the Sea's Bounty, nearby a sketchy-looking man and a prostitute (don't like this location quite as much, but there's a little niche by the stairs in the Sea's Bounty that I don't -think- anyone's used yet)

CreateCreature("ab_sol",[4536.3123],3) // AR0300 ; if he's taking up fishing, he might as well be nearby the water, hmm?

Archived