Mace of Disruption

Just killed four liches in BG2 while still in Chapter 2....
With the mace of disruption? How did you manage to obtain it? AFAIK, you need to be working for Bodhi to have free access to the vampires' lair, and that would put you in Chapter 3. Or, you could get it during your sweep of the lair if working for the Shadow Thieves, but that would also be Chapter 3.

Are you just saying that you did all this before even leaving for Spellhold, or did you find some other way to obtain the mace?

There are mods out that nerf the mace of disruption, and Crom F... and other items that some consider overpowered. Zyraen's Miscellaney is one, but there may be others.

Hardcoded. Stoneskin only absorbs physical damage from attack, nothing more.

I think that might actually be by the rules. See here:

Stoneskin protects only against blows, cuts, pokes, and slashes directed at the recipient. It does not protect against falls, magical attacks, touch delivered special attacks (such as touch delivered spells, energy draining, green slime, etc.), or nonmagical attacks that do not involve blows (such as flaming oil, ingested or inhaled poisons, acid, constriction, and suffocation). Stoneskin lasts for 24 hours or until the spell has absorbed its allotment of attacks.

I got the Mace of Disruption from a merchant in Trademeet. I think the merchant is from the Chosen of Mystra Encounters mod. That mod is rather unbalancing, since some of the items are extremely good, especially the Green Dragon Plate. The mod bears a striking resemblence to the Auril mod for Icewind Dale, in that it adds much fun stuff, but some of it is too over the top and unbalances the game. Made by the same guys?

As for Stoneskin, I've never got other weapon effects to penetrate it, like missiles that Stun, or weapons that Dispel Magic or cause Miscast.

That's probably why the mace seems so overpowered, then. You just weren't meant to have it that soon. You're more meant to have that when you're in Spellhold and you're up against stuff that can cast Time Stop.

Well, killing those liches was the very last thing I did before paying off Gayan Boyle (sp?). So in practice I could have done it after entering Bodhi's Lair and before travelling to Spellhold.

Personally I've never been bothered by Time Stop, since it only makes the Lich's Prot Magic Weapons wear off, while my own buffs are not affected. Typically the Lich gets destroyed the instant the Time Stop is over and it is hit by the Mace.

Archived