Druid Remix?

Guest MythicalC

I'd say - Dragon scales - yes (always thought it was weird that druids could not use them) and Human Flesh - for evil-aligned druids since it is already embedded into useability :cry:

And yes - Cernd needs much-much-much more dialogues with both PC and NPCs.

I'd say - Dragon scales - yes (always thought it was weird that druids could not use them) and Human Flesh - for evil-aligned druids since it is already embedded into useability :cry:

And yes - Cernd needs much-much-much more dialogues with both PC and NPCs.

I think one of his best banters -- I'm pretty sure it came from the banter packs -- was one between him and Nalia talking about food and their least favorite meals. It made him more down-to-earth ... I think part of the reason he's so disliked is that the nature similes are usually forced (the only exception is the Bhaal Talk with the PC, which I thought was well done), on top of are way to campy and over-the-top to take the character very seriously.

Best,

MC

I do like him the way he is - a long-winded philosopher from Tethyr... what I mind is that BioWARE IMO did not find the interesting topics for his banters and failed to build net of relationships for him within the group compositions. :cry:

Another druid's quest I was thinking about was finding the flowering fern which then would work as a wish spell (not sure if there is a corresponding legend in the West, but there is a belief in my old country that once a year ferns bloom and the one who finds such a flower can make a wish) Usually the finding is connected with questing for evil gnomes which is very doable in BG2 :cry:

And, yes, about dsetruction of Trademeet - if we cannot do graphics there is always a walk-around. We go theer, have a fight of the century with militia, jinnies and what not, and once everyone of importance is dead, do a cutscene, where in the temple there Faldorn announces that the destruction of the city to the ground would be started by the survivors under the supervision of the Shadow Druids, do a teleport back to druid grove and forbid access to the Trademeet map after that. To compensate the lost trade, do druid grove a centre of attraction for Shadow Druids, have some unique Druid there, and a couple of merchants who escaped the Trademeet destruction...

Also, I think it's crazy that druids can't talk to animals in the game. Aside from the strondhold, I'd like to give druids more to do with the existing quests, based on options givien via conversations with animals. The higher the charisma, the more eloquent the animals become. At 18 charisma, you can get them to help you.

And yeah, the long-windedness of Cernd can be charming (even in that god-awful deadbeat dad quest, with the "bamboo and flex" comment, and the tree/nut PC banter is my favorite), but not when it's forced ... and I think it's usually forced because of the lack of interesting conversations, as you said.

I just wish the nature references were a little more "Wuthering Heights" and a little less "bad high school poetry." :cry:

MC

Archived