Is this intentional... in scripting bg2actions: two 225.

Jarno Mikkola

Link.

225 MoveBetweenAreas(S:Area*,P:Location*,I:Face*)

This action will move the active creature to the specified point in the indicated area, facing the appropriate direction.

274 AddKit(I:Kit*KIT)

This action removes the active creature's current kit and adds the specified kit. Abilities from any previous kit are removed. AddKit(0) can be used to remove a creatures current kit without adding a new one. Class restrictions apply for kits. When attempting adding an invalid kit, the existing kit (if any) will be replied.

225 MoveBetweenAreasEffect(S:Area*,S:Graphic*,P:Location*,I:Face*)

This action will move the active creature to the specified point in the indicated area, facing the appropriate direction, and plays the specified graphics when the creature disappears.

275 StartCombatCounter()

This action can be used to manually start the combat counter.

And hows the numbering? Yes, I understand the other just adds one more parameter... but they both need to be after the 225.

Yeah, there's some overloading in quite a few of the actions (the code that handles MoveBetweenAreas() knows what to do if it gets passed a second string parameter for instance). (It's not necessarily nice, because our (de)compilers are so stupid, but that's not really their fault.)

Archived