Irenicus in Hell

How are you supposed to beat this freak when he casts Time Stop and then kills CHARNAME in about five blows? My character is a Berserker with 165 HP. I don't see anyway to protect against this except maybe use metagaming and turn invisible? EDIT: Nope, even invisibility doesn't stop that freak.

He chops up *both* Korgan and CHARNAME before I can even say "funny how Irenicus can cast spells while in Slayer form while I can't".

EDIT:

Duh! Turns out I don't even have this component installed, but still I'm helpless against the Time Stop/Slayer-Jon combo. Bloody annoying when the game cheats this way and lets him cast spells while in Slayer form...

How are you supposed to beat this freak when he casts Time Stop and then kills CHARNAME in about five blows? My character is a Berserker with 165 HP. I don't see anyway to protect against this except maybe use metagaming and turn invisible? EDIT: Nope, even invisibility doesn't stop that freak.

He chops up *both* Korgan and CHARNAME before I can even say "funny how Irenicus can cast spells while in Slayer form while I can't".

EDIT:

Duh! Turns out I don't even have this component installed, but still I'm helpless against the Time Stop/Slayer-Jon combo. Bloody annoying when the game cheats this way and lets him cast spells while in Slayer form...

I think there's a David Gaider quote somewhere where he just points out that different Bhaalspawn (and wannabe-Bhaalspawn like Irenicus, I guess) just end up manifesting different abilities - there's no attempt made to keep them consistent. (Hence, Imoen's resurrectability.)

The SCS "smarter mages" component is probably responsible for Irenicus's Timestop strategy (I don't think he does that in the vanilla game). Entering

SetGlobal("DMWWNoTimestopMelee","GLOBAL",1)

at the console will disable Irenicus's use of melee combat in timestops.

Hmm...preventing him from using Time Stop seems a bit unfair. I decided to surround him with Fallen Devas, so that he couldn't attack my own guys, and that worked. Jan and Edwin was able to take down his defenses (1 Ruby Ray, 2 Spell Thrust and 1 Breach) and he was prevented from casting more than one Time Stop. But now he won't die. He just stands there, at Almost Dead and won't die. :-(

Hmm...preventing him from using Time Stop seems a bit unfair. I decided to surround him with Fallen Devas, so that he couldn't attack my own guys, and that worked. Jan and Edwin was able to take down his defenses (1 Ruby Ray, 2 Spell Thrust and 1 Breach) and he was prevented from casting more than one Time Stop. But now he won't die. He just stands there, at Almost Dead and won't die. :-(

In theory, SOA XP is capped at 2 950 000 XP, witch mean no fallen deva or any level 9 arcanne spell for party. This should be taken in account about the balance of this fight.

Generally when that happens it's because he's being attacked too hard for his script to fire. Try backing off him for a second.

In theory, SOA XP is capped at 2 950 000 XP, witch mean no fallen deva or any level 9 arcanne spell for party. This should be taken in account about the balance of this fight.

SoA XP isn't capped at 2 950 000 if ToB is installed, and SCS presumes ToB.

Holy Word: Didn't know that. I was thinking of having Keldorn summon a Deva that could have cast Holy Word, but instead Edwin summoned 4 Dark Planetars, since 4 seems to be the limit for gating/summoning.

Regarding interruptions, there is another problem in this fight. Jon the Slayer hits so incredibly fast that he even interrupts spell sequensers. Even Contingencies don't get time to fire.

In the end I had to cheat to complete the fight, since in addition to the difficulty, the game kept crashing on me. :-(

Archived