Coran fans...spoiler question

Ankhesenpaaten

I am a "virgin" to the Coran romance. I want to have the happiest possible ending. I have had the "You wanted to know about Tethyr, Charname" and I think the neck talk. I haven't yet slept with him. When is the best time to sleep with him?

I want to have the reformed womanizer if I can.

Plus, there is something I really don't understand in the Readme. What does the "He is bored" and "He is not bored" really mean? The first lines of the LT's don't sound so bad...

:)

Any advice?

I am a "virgin" to the Coran romance. I want to have the happiest possible ending. I have had the "You wanted to know about Tethyr, Charname" and I think the neck talk. I haven't yet slept with him. When is the best time to sleep with him?

I want to have the reformed womanizer if I can.

Plus, there is something I really don't understand in the Readme. What does the "He is bored" and "He is not bored" really mean? The first lines of the LT's don't sound so bad...

:)

Any advice?

He's bored= Your no fun anymore. He likes shiny things and the challenge of getting them.

He's not bored= Congratulations, you have kept and are keeping him entertained.

Sleeping with him= When he promises to give you the moon and all it's stars. Literally.

Might want to do his Baldurs Gate quest first.

Did that help at all? :D

Blast! And the Readme says (the best advice) is to convince him to abandon Namarra. Does that mean I pay off Brielbarra or take Namarra and later we have to give her back and "convince" him then? I am running 2 concurrent games (with baby because I okayed it) and one where I paid Brielbarra off. Am I right on either of them?

Never mind! I am doing the taking Namarra for awhile path and it turned out nicely. At least so far...

I may or may not see what happens with the paying Brielbarra off path. :)

Guest Lemida

Sorry for the necromancy here, but my player character is a Necromancer, after all. I am really disappointed that LT14 is where you are supposed to sleep with him. He opens his seduction by asking what you will trade for sex, and he is supposedly reformed, eh? I had hope for him in several talks, but this seemed to be a huge step back for him. ln LT14, he reveals he's still a conquering colonialist that sees sleeping with women, exploring land, and killing dragons as a way to prove his masculine prowess-- to have consequence. He even suggests, perhaps jokingly, abducting and raping the player character!

It seemed to me that his life was proving itself empty to him as he found a land that would not be probed and thereby be explored, but instead enriched so that it would put forth a crop of platonic love. I don't know what will happen, as LT 15, a core talk, seems to assume you have slept with him. Does this mean the romance talks are over, or do I just miss LT15 and 16? I really wanted the option to tell him why I think he's an idiot in LT14-- that he had *actually* learned nothing. I thought after LT13 that he might be hinting at marriage-- boys, did I get the wrong hint.

My player character has been occasionally somewhat mean to him because she has been trying to show him how little sex matters in the full scheme of love, but bummer if role-playing causes me to lose some of the experience. I'm hoping that I still get the other love talks that depend on place and time, but if not, time to be so cruel that he loses interest and start the friendship talks, I hope. This is good writing and I have enjoyed it-- I've filled my in-game journal with reactions. This is my first time playing Baldur's Gate and the game would be very outdated without the NPC mod, which provides me loads of dialogue tree frustration and fun (nothing like reloading until you've literally explored *every* option). I hope I have LT30-34 to look forward to, and hopefully more banters involving Namara.

IMHO, it's not so much that he didn't learn anything. You can't expect him to change that quickly, though. He's still a relatively young elf, and he does still have a lot to learn.

Perhaps if he made a return in BG2, he'd be more mature. He's almost definitely too immature for marriage, I think. Being tied down to a single woman like that doesn't really sound like Coran in BG1. I don't think he really takes life seriously enough - look at his banters with Jaheira, Khalid, and Xan, among others, and when you get there, pay attention to his reactions to your PC's heritage.

Then again, I preferred the chaotic neutral path, so...yeah. Somehow it felt more realistic and more like Coran as I see the character.

I could not have him reformed fully and completely in BG1, because of what happens in BG2. Plus, at the time, there was no knowing if I'd write BG2 or not, and one needed material saved for that long haul. I believe that the ending of a good path is somehwat commital, though to be honest I can't remember just how commital and reformed it was. Overall though I aimed for no drammatic changes. Xan and Ajantis are in the True Love TM vein. Coran was intended as more of a non-lawfull/non-serious option :undecided:

Archived