Losing rep for killing Marl

Capt Massacre

Hi,

If that's the correct place to put it, here's a request:

In BG1, at Beregost, at Feldepost's inn, the first time you come in, there's a guy 'Marl' who provokes you. If you're smart, you can talk him out of the fight and get 900 (ch)easy xp. But if there's a fight, he's very good, but unarmed, he can only knock you out, never kill. But you can. I think you should lose 1 reputation point for killing an unarmed man, no matter how bothersome he was.

(Of course, the same goes for Noober.)

Afair Marls starts fight first, without being provoked. It's self-defence for a party, so there's no reason for reputation loss in this case.

Correct. The only change to that encounter (by Fixpack?) is that if you kill Marl after a friendly resolution you get a rep. hit. Which is as it should be.

Really, I'm disappointed by this kind of answers. Another reasonable request I made (removing cheesy immunity to level drain from berserkers) was totally ignored too. You leave me no choice but to 'mod' myself to get what I want, and that's what I'm gonna do!

If you are the only one who finds them reasonably, is it still a reasonable request? And even if it is, by your arbitration, should tweakpackers volunteer to make the change for you? Nay I say - if you want rep loss for fighting an defensive battle, mod it yourself.

Well, afaict, Marl's encounter is unavoidable, so wouldn't your idea mean an unavoidable rep loss?? (unless you for some reason decided to avoid Feldepost's entirely ... bye bye charisma cloak :suspect:)

Might I suggest (if you do make a mod out of it) that you implement some sort of option to avoid the fight. I think some mod already adds an option (BG1NPC??) but I didn't get it in my last playthrough, probably cause of a high charisma requirement or somesuch :laugh:

Archived