Appearance Talks

-JR-

I enjoyed the dialogue where it established your character's appearance. It was, to my knowledge, very original, and I thought it was pulled off in a very interesting way.

It's been a while, but I cannot recall this information being brought up elsewhere in the mod. Was it a one-time talk, or were some of those variables being recorded for later?

I enjoyed the dialogue where it established your character's appearance. It was, to my knowledge, very original, and I thought it was pulled off in a very interesting way.

It's been a while, but I cannot recall this information being brought up elsewhere in the mod. Was it a one-time talk, or were some of those variables being recorded for later?

The variables that are set during the bounty notice talk are used occasionally in flirts. I tried not to overdo it, though. Sometimes is just as simple as checking that your character wasn't bald before Amber runs her fingers through your PC hair.

Very cool, I'll have to go back through it again and look for that.

Would you be terribly offended if I considered imitating this in a project?

Of course not. IRC I got the idea from BG1NPC mod, where I think Coran has a similar talk.

Sounds like a fun thing to highlight in my own writeups! (SentinalBlade, check the romance materials for Coran, and some sections of Shar-Teel as well, for more ideas like this. I think Ajantis in both bg1npc and the BG2 version - and another cool version is Dynaheir romance, colored ribbons choices, Setta I think.) I like Amber's use a good deal.

I'll check those out too.

It's a nice concept, allowing you to personalize your character if you don't already have an idea of their appearance firmly in mind, or to reaffirm it if you do. I like this tool of the reality-defining dialogue. Another tasteful example is Xan's introduction in BG2. It was part of what hooked me into the mod: asking not telling what your past experiences with him were, broadening the potential audience of the mod while streamlining the interactions.

Archived