Noticed this...

Michayel

I started my playththrough with almost all of SR and SCSII, plus a LOT of other mods. The big install might have something to do with the following, and I can post the weidu.log if that helps. Additionally, sorry if these have been reported elsewhere, but I have read most of this forum page over the last week and I don't remember these issues being mentioned.

1. Mage Armor - purchased this spell from The Bookkeeper, scribed it, and it became (by description at least) the vanilla 'Armor' spell in my spell book.

2. Ghost Armor - purchased from the same vendor. Once scribed, it again has the same vanilla description in the spell book.

3. Remove Curse - I thought this was superceded by the new spell, Remove Enchantment, but I have seen it available at two merchants, including the spell vendor in Ribald's mart - I forget her name. I was able to scribe it, but nothing happened: it wasn't added to my spell book although the scroll itself disappeared from inventory.

Overall, I am really enjoying your mod, so thank you for the hard work. Another thing I was wondering was about the Gust of Air spell, which I haven't used yet: should it still be colored white if it is now pushing enemies away?

I started my playththrough with almost all of SR and SCSII, plus a LOT of other mods. The big install might have something to do with the following, and I can post the weidu.log if that helps. Additionally, sorry if these have been reported elsewhere, but I have read most of this forum page over the last week and I don't remember these issues being mentioned.
Actually it would be far more informative for you and for us if you would run a .bat program in the game directory... let me explain.

First, make sure there is a WeiDU.exe in the game directory, and if there is not, copy setup-spell_rev.exe and rename it as WeiDU.exe, exactly. Then make a new Text Document and open it with the Notepad program and copy the following code into the file and save it, and then rename that as changelog.bat :

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log spwi102.spl >change-log1.txt
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log spwi317.spl >change-log2.txt

Then you just run the changelog.bat like any normal .exe file, it should take a few seconds at most. It will produce two files called change-log1.txt and change-log2.txt into your game folder, which you should open and post their content.

OK thanks, I think I have followed your instructions correctly:

Changelog 1 -

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 21300

[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

override/spwi102.spl

override/spwi102.spl spell_rev\backup/0/spwi102.spl

override/SPWI102.SPL ascension/backup/0/SPWI102.SPL

override/SPWI102.SPL RR/BACKUP/7/SPWI102.SPL

Mods affecting SPWI102.SPL:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

00001: ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisions

00002: ~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ 0 0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

00003: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards

Changelog 2 -

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 21300

[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

override/spwi317.spl

override/SPWI317.SPL ascension/backup/0/SPWI317.SPL

override/SPWI317.SPL RR/BACKUP/7/SPWI317.SPL

Mods affecting SPWI317.SPL:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisions

00001: ~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ 0 0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

00002: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards

Hope that helps. I am going to try using the spells in-game, and see what happens :suspect:

Ascension must be installed first, before any other mod. Two overwritten armor spells aren't even flowers in comparison with what will come next.
I would actually recommend using the BWS to install all the mods to get a cleaner install order... as it first of all uses the now fixed Ascension component in the BP(v179) etc.
1. Mage Armor - purchased this spell from The Bookkeeper, scribed it, and it became (by description at least) the vanilla 'Armor' spell in my spell book.

2. Ghost Armor - purchased from the same vendor. Once scribed, it again has the same vanilla description in the spell book.

3. Remove Curse - I thought this was superceded by the new spell, Remove Enchantment, but I have seen it available at two merchants, including the spell vendor in Ribald's mart - I forget her name. I was able to scribe it, but nothing happened: it wasn't added to my spell book although the scroll itself disappeared from inventory.

4. Another thing I was wondering was about the Gust of Air spell, which I haven't used yet: should it still be colored white if it is now pushing enemies away?

1. and 2. as you already found out are issues caused by Ascension installed over SR

3. Damn I knew this but I forgot to do something. It seems there were two scrolls of Remove Curse, and I've replaced only the more common one with SR's Break Enchantment. Will fix asap.

4. Well, if we really want to nitpick Enchanted Weapon should have been white in the first place, Resilient Sphere should be red, and so on. :) Actually I'm not even sure there's a perfect way to assign such color because there's a sort of "grey area" (e.g. should Dispel Magic be red because it affects enemies?). As long as there isn't an uber-silly situation like a white bam for Fireball or a red bam for a healing spell I'm fine.

To be honest, when I started to see spell bams in white I thought it was just a megamod glitch or maybe from one of the older mods that introduce new spells. That explanation seemed so logical to me that I didn't even look through the readme's to find the source; and so these last posts surprised me quite a bit. What I want to say with this is: you now have at least one user report saying he was more confused by that feature than anything. My preference would be not to change the spell scroll bams in that way, so they keep a more consistent look. Then again, it's just a minor feature.

3. Damn I knew this but I forgot to do something. It seems there were two scrolls of Remove Curse, and I've replaced only the more common one with SR's Break Enchantment. Will fix asap.

4. Well, if we really want to nitpick Enchanted Weapon should have been white in the first place, Resilient Sphere should be red, and so on. Actually I'm not even sure there's a perfect way to assign such color because there's a sort of "grey area" (e.g. should Dispel Magic be red because it affects enemies?). As long as there isn't an uber-silly situation like a white bam for Fireball or a red bam for a healing spell I'm fine.

@3. I'm glad I was able to be of some use, after all!

@4. Okay I take your point, and I see this grey area. I didn't mean to nitpick though; I wrote that only as it was a first impression, and your mod (and whole approach) is so thorough and detailed that I thought it would be appropriate at least to consider. Actually I like those white symbols as they are :)

Archived