Web Hosting

-JR-

I'm creating a website, with the intention of using it as a semi-public workforum for a mod I am making. One problem, though. It's an expansion to the Bioware romances, and there is a chance that it will contain somewhat explicit material, though almost certainly not to the same extent as RE.

The reason I am posting it here is that I am assuming, by reading this, the registered members are familiar with the RE project, which has still not managed to offend whatever this site's terms of service are.

Now reading over the following, I don't think that it would violate this host's terms of service, but I wouldn't want to put a lot of work into it and find out that it does. Can someone more familiar with this please look over it and give me their opinion?

http://www.webs.com/pages/terms/

It's section 7 and 8.

You may not use the Services to post, disseminate or communicate any obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter.

It isn't clear if they refer to text as well, but better safe than sorry, I think. Perhaps you could add a "Mature Content" warning to the beginning.

There are other sites that offer free hosting-- is-a-geek.com, freewebs.com, and invisionfree.com, for instance. The last site offers forum hosting specifically.

I wish you luck, but general questions probably belong to general mod discussion, or even Noobermeet.

To me, it seems that as mods don't have pics or video, it's only text. And speaking of text, Lolita or Bible have much more obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter, and nobody forbids *them*, right? (Except that Lolita is better written than, say, Goo).

As an aside, in article 7, the categories of forbidden content they're talking about there tend to have certain legal definitions (at least in Australia) and text generally does not fall into them, as I recall.

I wish you luck, but general questions probably belong to general mod discussion, or even Noobermeet.

Misdirecting questions is one of the best early signals that you shouldn't take up computer related hobbies.

If you want a non-jerk reply, I'm sure that you won't have troubles getting your mod hosted here, on SHS or on PPG, which offers far superior reliability and support than a generic free hosting site.

Yeah you're right, was just getting on here to delete or move the post.
If this singular mistake is causing as much distress as it seems to be, could someone with the authority to do so please move it to the correct section or get rid of it? I've admitted my error, but do not have it in my power to move or delete a thread, at least once people have replied (curse you, on-the-ball forumers!).

Thanks for the suggestion, and I eventually do intend to pursue such a course, but what I am currently looking for is a workforum where I will be able to group surveys and comments together better than if I just spammed a 'classifieds' section somewhere with polls. Or more than one of them with copy-pasted questions (which I hate) if I wanted to get more than one group of people's opinions.

Since this thread doesn't seem to be dying the way I initially intended, I'll go ahead and open things up a bit. I was initially going to tie it into RE by suggesting a particular line of crossmod content and asking for permissions, and inquiring as to whether the currently suggested titles, ER (Expanded Romances) or BRE (Bioware Romance Expansion), would be too close of a title to this project, but erroniously decided I didn't want to shoot a bunch of questions at people at once.

Archived