SCS2 and custom spell memorization tables

Enkidu

I've already tried installing SCS2 with my tweaked spell memorization tables and it handles them very well; SCS2 uses them and adjusts memorized spells of wizards and priests to the tweaked values. However, will it also adjust to a more radical change? I'm talking about changing tables so they give wizards 6-9th level spells one experience level sooner; 6th at 11th, 7th at 13th, 8th at 15th and 9th at 17th experience level and possibly doing the same with 7th level priest spells.

Will, for example, 11th level mages understand that they have 6th level spell(s) available and use them?

Guest Chaos

I have something to add to your question Enkidu.With smarter mages option 1 installed,are the spells cast to buff the mage subtracted from they memorised spells or are they simply given to the mage when he/she buffs leaving them with they full spell arsenal?

I have something to add to your question Enkidu.With smarter mages option 1 installed,are the spells cast to buff the mage subtracted from they memorised spells or are they simply given to the mage when he/she buffs leaving them with they full spell arsenal?

You can experiment ingame with ctrl-q to verify this. I've actually done this (though not extensively) and the former seems to be the case i.e. enemy mages play fair and square and use their memorized spells when prebuffing. Except when they're using sequencers/triggers/contingencies of course.

Guest Chaos

You can experiment ingame with ctrl-q to verify this. I've actually done this (though not extensively) and the former seems to be the case i.e. enemy mages play fair and square and use their memorized spells when prebuffing. Except when they're using sequencers/triggers/contingencies of course.

I'll take your word for it Enkidu.Thanks

I'll take your word for it Enkidu.Thanks

Yes, enemy mages play fair (as of about version 10 - previously I guesstimated it). I think the automatic spell-assigning code will get a bit confused by Enkidu's more radical changes to the spell matrix, though - I think it's hardcoded that (e.g.) you get L6 spells at 12th level.

I think it's hardcoded that (e.g.) you get L6 spells at 12th level.
It's not, the mxsplwiz.2da controls the progression for Mages, as you can have the L6 spells when the count is more than zero(so you cannot have Level 7 spell when you have an item that adds in one until you reach the level that gives it and then you'll have two, same goes with the kits/specialty mages, items, spells, HLA's etc. abilities that add spells), uh, and the minimum is one too, so even if you are effected with dozens of -1 effects on the spell level, you'll have one when the count says one.
I think it's hardcoded that (e.g.) you get L6 spells at 12th level.
It's not, the mxsplwiz.2da controls the progression for Mages, as you can have the L6 spells when the count is more than zero(so you cannot have Level 7 spell when you have an item that adds in one until you reach the level that gives it and then you'll have two, same goes with the kits/specialty mages, items, spells, HLA's etc. abilities that add spells), uh, and the minimum is one too, so even if you are effected with dozens of -1 effects on the spell level, you'll have one when the count says one.

Sorry: I meant hardcoded in SCSII, not in IE.

Archived