Spell revisions disaster

Strontium Dog

1 of the components of another mod has seemingly fouled up my present BWP game. It seems that the spell revisions versions of summon fiend(glabrezu) , summon death knight and gate have become fouled up. Instead, I get a dud summon death knight where 1 spell in shadowkeeper summons what looks like a demon which promptly attacks me launching 20d6 fireballs, and another version where the demon knight looks like the original demon knight animation in vanilla BG2 but which does nothing but stand there when I order it to attack or attack the demon knight.*haven't checked the cacofiend spell yet, maybe that is also altered by that other mod with a 50/50 chance of 1 of 2 monsters?

I also get an 8th level spell for summon fiend whereby I get a 50% chance of a nabassu or a glabrezu and a 9th level gate spell where I get a 50% chance of a pit-fiend or a balor(as I'm neutral evil-aligned). I know, I recently mentioned I liked this possibility in another thread, but I'm not sure whether the new versions are as good/combat-worthy as the equivalents I saw in the spell-revisions versions(eg:- your pit-fiend with 150hp poison damage etc.

My problem is that when I launch the spell-revisions versions of summon fiend and gate I get the various creatures but they automatically go hostile within a second or two even if my party has protection from evil 10' radius installed. *Just had a horrible thought, perhaps the fact that I deliberately didn't install the bothersome magic circle against evil and 1st level protection from evil from the spell-revisions mod(and kept the original protection from evil 10' radius) may have caused all the trouble. I hope to god not. Any ideas?

If it is the above, is there any way to offset this by using a global command to always get the spell revisions versions of glabrezu/pit-fiends to ally with me as soon as they appear?

I suppose I could simply transfer the relevant spell-rev files for magic circle against evil/protection against evil into the BG2 override folder and just use those different spells mid-game even if they don't have a description underneath? I've done that with spellpack's wall of fire spell and it works fine as a spell, regardless.

Just realised that this mod, the Unholy Gate Opening Ritual Book, might well be that new mod I mentioned, as it is the only 1 mentioning summoning nabassus or balors. Well, if it allows me to get round the debacle with the spell-revisions versions of those monsters, then that's just as well.*or maybe more likely the atweak's revised fiend summoning component.

Sorry but considering the huge number of home-made tweaks you have in your installation I can only try to guess what's happening:

- SCS alter those spells and MAY be responsible (but I actually thought only AI versions of those spells were changed)

- aTweak's Revised Fiends alter those spells and MAY cause some issues (though aVENGER's works are generally quite great in terms of compatibility and thus I'd tend to exclude this too)

- another spell altering mod of yours (e.g. Spellpack, Improved Summons, UGORB, ...) is messing up SR's spells

OK, I have now worked out exactly why my spell-revisions versions of demon summoning spells always turned hostile on me even when I had protection from evil cast on my party. The atweak's fiend-summoning spells component is directly responsible as the spell revisions demon summoning spells work fine without it, with the fiends aiding me.

This means I'm forced to choose between those 2 mods for summoning spells which is a shame.I tried using enablecheatkeys() and the q button to get the demons allied to me, but this seems to delete their spell-like abilties and nerfs them somewhat combat-wise, I think. Is there any global command I can make that forces demons to become friendly to my party for a time? That way, I could have both the atweak's revised fiends being summoned as well as the spell revisions demon-summoning spells.

Anyway, if someone from the spell revisions or atweaks mod could fix this, I would be most grateful. The spell-codes don't appear to overlap so one can have bothmod's demon-summoning spells if the turning-hostile bug is just fixed, somehow.

Sorry but considering the huge number of home-made tweaks you have in your installation I can only try to guess what's happening

I concur.

As already noted on the SHS forum, there is no incompatibility between aTweaks and Spell Revisions. The problem that Strontium Dog described here cannot be reproduced on a clean install + BG2 Fixpack + Spell Revisions + aTweaks.

Sorry but considering the huge number of home-made tweaks you have in your installation I can only try to guess what's happening

I concur.

As already noted on the SHS forum, there is no incompatibility between aTweaks and Spell Revisions. The problem that Strontium Dog described here cannot be reproduced on a clean install + BG2 Fixpack + Spell Revisions + aTweaks.

I don't believe a word of it. For 1 thing, I only commented out a few specific spells(eg:- fireball, lightning bolt and horrid wilting) from the spell revisions mod,hardly all or most of them. I will try all over again, with a non-altered spell revisions mod but I seriously doubt it will work.

Well, anyway, I have resigned myself to summoning the improved spell revisions mod demons/devils and getting a wider variety of (albeit hostile) demons/devils by installing the atweak's revised fiends component without the latter mod altering the fiend-summoning spells.Fortunately, for me, I am still able to summon a wider variety of demons/devils through the Unholy Ritual Book mod where I can summon a random variety of cornugons/balors etc. through an unusual item, so I'm able to get around this, just.

Archived