Is SCSII causing pickpocketing issues?

Guest Zaroua

Guest Zaroua

Long story short - installed a bunch of mods for BG2 ToB (BG2_Tweaks//BG2FixPack//SCSII//Widescreen Mod) and played through both SoA/ToB without any issues. Decided to do another playthrough and to install more of the SCSII AI/tactical components but now it's all but impossible to pick pocket *ANYTHING*. I'm basically running around on Easy difficulty with 280 pick pocketing and I get caught stealing 95% of the time, no matter what I try to steal or whether I steal from NPCs or shops.

So did I install a component from SCSII that screws with pick pocketing or did I somehow manage to mess up mod order when I installed more of the mod's component or is this a completely different issue?

is this a completely different issue?

Thief skills roll over after 255; you effectively have 25 in pick pockets, which isn't good for much.

Thief skills roll over after 255; you effectively have 25 in pick pockets, which isn't good for much.

Never heard of such issue. Where did this info comes from, your own tests or somebody else' posts?

Never heard of such issue. Where did this info comes from, your own tests or somebody else' posts?

It's been known for a long time. It's a consequence of the thieving skill values being contained within a single byte each (and values over 255 aren't valid for bytes).

It's been known for a long time. It's a consequence of the thieving skill values being contained within a single byte each (and values over 255 aren't valid for bytes).

Wouldn't it be possible for the BG2 Fixpack to introduce a cap for it?

Wouldn't it be possible for the BG2 Fixpack to introduce a cap for it?
So what happens with the BG2 Tweakpacks(or is it?), or the Easy-of-use'es items then(armor alterations), see they set the pickpocketing to values of 256+, and thus ... there is not really smart option to choose from.

Archived