Awesome Mage Robe

Black Phoenix

There's this thing that has been bugging me for quite some time now. I have a friend that managed to obtain some awesome mage robe in Baldur's Gate 2. I saw it a few days ago on his computer, it has a magical weapon protection up to and including +3 weapons and a bunch of other buffs (i can't remember which ones)!

Of course, the as**ole won't tell me how he got it (he won't even give me a screenshot), and when I confronted him that he cheated that item, he swore that he didn't (he used a special type of oath, only know to us, so I know that he's not lying)! He just told me that he was VERY lucky, and that's all.

My question is this: did anyone, ANYONE, ever saw anything similar or does anyone have a slightest idea what the hell is that thing!?! I searched entire web and found nothing! Some of the things that got to my mind (as to how he obtained that robe) are:

1. He 'stole' it from some powerful creep (someone like Irenicus or some neutral that isn't supposed to be defeated etc.)

2. He used a freedom scroll on some map where someone was buried (like that quest, only some other location)

3. There are some special conditions inside the game itself that need to be met for that robe

Any help?!?

2. He used a freedom scroll on some map where someone was buried (like that quest, only some other location)
The only use for that scroll in the vanilla game is in the Underdark(AR2100) map and that brings the Vithal character out... but he doesn't have a robe of any kind on him.

The magical protection up to the 3rd level is just normal Mantle spell, so if some moder has put that spell on the item while it worn, it's likely...

I know about that mage, I was giving a suggestion that there could be some other place where you could use Freedom scroll and gain that robe.

About that spell, I don't know. Like I said, it has a bunch of other buffs that I can't remember. And he didn't have any spells active.

Archived