LapTop Questions for NWN2/DA

Domi

Wow, seems I am actually starting to get some time to play and mod, and I am coming out of the withdrawl, and since my Palm is dead, we are thinking of buying a laptop for my gaming needs. I have a bunch of questions here for the good folks who have experience with running DA and NWN2 on PC laptops:

-Does NWN2 run smoothly on Windows 7 (everything is Windows 7 nowadays)?

-Does DA run smoothly on Windows 7?

-How much RAM would you recommend for NWN2/DA gaming laptop?

-Which Video Processor/3D 'graphic chip' would you recommend for best performance?

And, my, will I actually come out of the modding retirement? :mad:

DA and NWN2 run absolutely frickin' super on Windows 7.

I recommend 4+GB RAM and a decent graphics card just to keep it going, but most laptops you'll be looking at will fit the bill. You can get a (relatively) cheap model that will fit the bill nicely. Heck, my old Dell XPS M1530 runs both well enough and it's so far outdated it isn't even funny.

And, my, will I actually come out of the modding retirement? :mad:

Although I'm sure the entire modding community is waiting in breathless anticipation to this question, let me just say, "No thanks." :beer:

We already have enough self-anointed modding prima donnas as is. Dealing with one more is just rubbing more salt on an already badly infected wound.

The obvious retort is "Who asked you?" But that would be juvenile. It's pretty obvious that you're just spewing random crap in response to her decision to lock down a thread that outlived its usefullness as anything other than a place to call other people names.

Domi is as far from being a prima dona modder as it is possible to be. She is approachable, empathetic, and responds to questions about her mods (or about modding in general) promptly, patiently, and with all possible humility. She is also a working mom who had to take a break because of real life demands.

So let's keep it relevent. If you have a grievance, please contact an admin.

And my obvious retort would also be "when did I ask for your opinion of Domi?" But that would also be a juvenile move.

And yes, I can recognise a prima donna when I see one.

Regardless, locking that thread was a stupid decision. Whether you asked me or not.

Archived