Add/RemoveFamiliar()

Avenger

I read IESDP, but I couldn't see ANY effect of this action.

Anyone knows where are these actions (AddFamiliar/RemoveFamiliar) are used?

Anyone has a working proof of concept code?

Or anything?

In my opinion, (as much as i can see from reverse engineering) this action cannot work in this form.

Anyone has a working proof of concept code?

Or anything?

I’ve tried that method first to bring my summoned character under control, but the AddFamiliar() action behaves pretty weird. The creature is under complete control once it appears, but when you try to access one of his abilities (innnates, etc.) it becomes neutral (blue circle).

The code was like this (used within the baldur.bcs):

CreateCreatureObjectDoor("A7MYCHAR", Player1, 0, 0, 0)
ActionOverride("A7MYCHAR", MakeGlobal())
ActionOverride("A7MYCHAR", AddFamiliar())
Continue()

The 'allegiance' flags of the creature within the savegame doesn’t even show any 'Familiar' flag.

Now I’ve switched to ChangeEnemyAlly("A7MYCHAR",CONTROLLED) which works much more reliable.

Using MakeGlobal and setting the EA to controlled pretty much invalidates any possible effects.
I need MakeGlobal to make the creature resurrectable and to follow my party across maps. It isn’t an active party member in a normal sense (with portrait, character record, etc.).

Do you mean this is also possible with another setting?

Using MakeGlobal and setting the EA to controlled pretty much invalidates any possible effects.
I need MakeGlobal to make the creature resurrectable and to follow my party across maps. It isn’t an active party member in a normal sense (with portrait, character record, etc.).

Do you mean this is also possible with another setting?

MakeGlobal makes the actor 'persistent'. It will not be destructed when the area is left by the PCs, it will not be saved in the area, but in the .gam structure.

Regardless of the above, setting the EA of anything makes them controllable.

So, again, what AddFamiliar does?

I mean, what extra functionality you expect from AddFamiliar that doesn't happen without it?

I have probably misunderstood the description of the AddFamiliar action as another way to make the creature controllable.

No, you probably didn't misunderstand it. It is simply incorrect as far as i see.

Those descriptions are not set into stone, those are sometimes just wild guesses of modders, like me :mad:

I don't really care about the description written in IESDP, or anywhere (if it is the same of IESDP), because it is simply wrong.

I asked if anyone has a new guess. Though, i really hope only for educated guesses.

Archived