Not Working

So, I downloaded the material and placed it in the proper folders as detailed in the "installation instructions" bit. But when I attempt to talk to Neeshka after loading back up, the game crashes. Do I have to start a new game after installing the pack? The current patch is 1.23, is this the issue? Any other ideas?

I was so looking forward to this, but now I can't get it to work!

No, you can continue the game you were already playing (I've done this and no crash happened)... Does this happen each time you talk with her of just if you select a specific option? (I have a crash problem but, actually, just when I choose a specific answer. If I try another one, no problem, so maybe have a try!)

Did you download the current version of the module? The Neeshka crash happened on the previous one, because I left a lead into a conversation that I was working on for the full romance.

Otherwise, I am currently installing the game on the laptop, and can check if the patch has anything to do with it; if there is still a problem of 'missing links', I will try to make a push this weekend to finish Act I and we might have to version up to intermediate version that will have Neeshka's Act I content. I am not a big fan of doing it, but weeding it out might be causing more problems than including it.

Did you download the current version of the module? The Neeshka crash happened on the previous one, because I left a lead into a conversation that I was working on for the full romance.

Otherwise, I am currently installing the game on the laptop, and can check if the patch has anything to do with it; if there is still a problem of 'missing links', I will try to make a push this weekend to finish Act I and we might have to version up to intermediate version that will have Neeshka's Act I content. I am not a big fan of doing it, but weeding it out might be causing more problems than including it.

Thank you, but as it turned out it didn't matter anyway. NWN2 was conflicting with my video card and not only stopped working, but prevented me from getting into the control panel for my video card - so I just uninstalled the damned game and said Forget It. Seems every time I've tried to play the game I get derailed right around the same spot. (within a few hours of it at least) Must be a sign ... or just really rotten luck.

NWN2 conflicts with your video card? That's one I haven't heard before. But it's definitely possible. And it explains why you're having difficulties with this when it seems to be working fine for everyone else. Anytime the system is stressed, whether due to hardware or software issues, crashes are possible.

Okay, the second user reported that the crash was caused by the older version, so no emergency updates are forthcoming. Not that I won't try to step on it. :mad: I wish time didn't fly so fast! (Places all her hopes into being able to code on the laptop on the bus)

I've read around the net that conflict with the game are supposed to be solved by a firmware or driver update. Have you tried to look in the gpu official site?

I have - I couldn't get out of the first zone until I updated it, so that did seem to work at first. But then later - after I installed MotB I started having other problems and then the game simply wouldn't start at all. (plus the additional problems arose with my video card control panel) My roommate is a computer guru and tried a number of solutions which failed to work. When I uninstalled the game the control panel issue was instantly fixed.

Archived