BGT BG1 NPC v1 bug thread

bpfan

Actually Dream sets itself to -1 after beginning of the chapter. It sets itself to 2 after the Chapter 2 dream runs. In this case you have both Dream and Chapter set to 2 - thusly you get the dream talk from Imoen as soon as you wake up, or if party was interrupted by an attack - on the following night. I just re-tested it and it works just fine. In TUTU version with fix 5 that is.

I just started a new game.  No one talked to the PC after the first dream.  I checked through the globals and I think  I see the problem but Hlid would need to confirm this.  The DREAM global is set to -1.  The BG1DREAM is set to 1.  So, does BGT uses the BG1DREAM instead of DREAM so the global woudl be available for the SOA part?  If so, we need to modify the scripts to match this global.  If not, what does a -1 do?  Doesn't that keep a global from incrementing?

That would be the problem, yes. I hadn't pulled apart the dream globals at all, since I never heard mention of their workings from either Bardez or Horred. An oversight on my part. The -1 on the Dream global is indeed to offset the increment and keep the SOA stuff in SOA. The BGTBG1NPC version is going to need the mod varibles changed to accomodate the new global BG1Dream. I'll look at it when I get the chance, unless some good samaritan out there wants to pick up the ball and run with it... :D

Edit: Nevermind, I'm using my handy-dandy newly aquired program to do this automatically. :cry:

Just found an interesting change. Xan's quest seems to exist even without him. The two lady ogres and David were still on the same area map and David started the dialog asking for help. I didn't let it finish to see if the quest can be done without Xan but if it can't, shouldn't there be a check to make sure they don't appear? If the quest can run without him, fine. I may try to find out the next time through that area.

Archived