xzar's quest

Guest me&myself

Guest me&myself

i'm about to collect the dryad's blood and i have minsc in my party and want to keep him at least a while longer.

the thing is if i collect the blood minsc turns hostile. i have tried to remove him from the party (temporarily), kill him (to resurrect him later) even on other areas but the game removes him from the party.

is there a way to accomplish this?

thx

If Minsc disappears for good upon kickout of the party, then I am afraid he is gone. That is original game behaviour for NPCs that are not content and BG1NPC Project did not change that.

The "wait at an inn" component only works for content NPCs that are willing to wait for the PC.

Another trick to try is select Minsc and send him solo into an abandoned house or cave. Then go about your dirty business with Xzar and go back to the cave for Minsc. I'm not sure if that'll prevent Minsc from going hostile when you see him again, but really it should, because he hasn't seen or observed anything related to it (unless someone tells him about it).

If you reform your party to kick Minsc out while he's in the cave, you should (by vanilla game behaviour) be able to keep Dynaheir and keep Minsc from leaving permanently. But I think he will still do so if you enter the cave again after you've kicked him out.

thx 4 the sugestions.

i havent played again but i think what you all sugested wont work. In my last try i left minsc (kicked him out) on another map (area). Went to kill the dryad (after collecting the blood) and when i came back 4 minsc he was hostile. I think i will either get another npc (sooner than i expected) or leave the quest 4 later

thx 4 the sugestions.

i havent played again but i think what you all sugested wont work. In my last try i left minsc (kicked him out) on another map (area). Went to kill the dryad (after collecting the blood) and when i came back 4 minsc he was hostile. I think i will either get another npc (sooner than i expected) or leave the quest 4 later

Or if you don't mind cheating, you could Ctrl+Q Minsc into your party when he goes hostile. I did that with Dyna and it worked for me. Just kill the dryad, and then Ctrl+Q Minsc back into your party. He'll be friendly again, but make sure that your other companions don't kill him before you can Ctrl+Q him because if Minsc dies while out of the party, he's gone for good.

Not sure whether it is preferred here to resurrect old topics or to start new ones. Let me know if I have committed a terrible faux pas.

I have a quick query on Xzar's quest, specifically in relation to the

vengeful druids that spawn after obtaining the Dryad's blood

. Is there any way to figure out what level these guys are? Because they absolutely wiped the floor with my party of 3-4th level just after the Nashkel mines.

Summoned Fire Elementals

are a bit beyond my pay grade. Of course, having SCS installed too probably didn't help.

Is there anywhere in the documentation where I can find this kind of information, or would it require some sort of technical jiggery-pokery with the innards of the thing?

Cheers!

Even I don't know who those are, but if you can install and use DLTCEP (fairly easy with some minimal setup) you should be able to able to search creature references by name. In the case of BG1 NPC, they should be named x#...cre so if by looking at their files, check out hit dice and such... if they seem too high, feel free to suggest alternative values.

Archived