GemRB for AmigaOS4.1

Guest afxgroup

Well, it is proof that gemrb would compile on amiga, but a movie about actual gameplay would be better than a snippet of original movie. (Only the last 1 second shows real gemrb action - the main menu) the rest could be simply done by playing the movie resources using ffmpeg.

Well, it is proof that gemrb would compile on amiga, but a movie about actual gameplay would be better than a snippet of original movie. (Only the last 1 second shows real gemrb action - the main menu) the rest could be simply done by playing the movie resources using ffmpeg.

This evening when i go back at home i'll record another small video showing the game play. Actually i've found some little problems on amigaos.

1) the core global variable is not loaded correctly on AmigaOS4 if it is present in libcore.so and so i have to put it into main file and export it to the other libraries (this is a problem on amigaos loader i suppose). I think this can be changed also on linux.

2) The game doesn't seems to close the SDL when i close the game. i must check it since i didn't investigated yet

3) the fullscreen is not working. but i must check why...

for the rest, i've created a simply player and i've moved the player all around without any problem

Nice!

3) is not your problem. We recently changed gemrb to respect the value in the original game's config (icewind.ini), so that option takes precedence.

The in-game video

sorry for the bad quality.. it was recorded with my phone.. i've fixed all problems and i think i will release it today on my site. :)

Thanks, I added one to the gallery. Do you have any diffs/patches for what you had to change in gemrb for the port?

yes, i have to send to you the patches.. but please don't ask me for diffs.. since i mess with the build code and the code itself a lot..

When i've them i'll send to you. Can you send via PM your email? thanks :)

About my problem for saving the game under Amiga OS 4.1 (playing Baldur's Gate), here is the shell output:

[GUIScript]: Runtime Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "PROGDIR:GUIScripts/bg1/GUISAVE.py", line 152, in ConfirmedSaveGame

LoadScreen.StartLoadScreen()

File "PROGDIR:GUIScripts/bg1/LoadScreen.py", line 41, in StartLoadScreen

Middle.SetMOS (LoadPic)

File "PROGDIR:GUIScripts/MetaClasses.py", line 60, in <lambda>

return lambda self, *args: M(self.WinID, self.ID, *args)

RuntimeError: Picture resource not found!

About my problem for saving the game under Amiga OS 4.1 (playing Baldur's Gate), here is the shell output:

[GUIScript]: Runtime Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "PROGDIR:GUIScripts/bg1/GUISAVE.py", line 152, in ConfirmedSaveGame

LoadScreen.StartLoadScreen()

File "PROGDIR:GUIScripts/bg1/LoadScreen.py", line 41, in StartLoadScreen

Middle.SetMOS (LoadPic)

File "PROGDIR:GUIScripts/MetaClasses.py", line 60, in <lambda>

return lambda self, *args: M(self.WinID, self.ID, *args)

RuntimeError: Picture resource not found!

I have the just the same problem. and when i leave the Town the Grim gets me..

Archived