Near Infinity updated

Smoketest

NI is now at beta 11 and includes more bugfixes and performance enhancements (most noticeable by people with ancient computers, like myself).

-Override filenames are now cached for faster resref listbox accumulation (I had a two-minute wait whenever clicking a WAV resref in ARE ambient structures. It's gone.) and there's a new option (in Options menu) to turn off/on automatic script checking for when such files are opened. (The Compile button still checks scripts, should you make any changes.) Script checking is faster as well.

-The bug that prevented you from being able to change bitwise flags (saving throws, usability flags, exclusion flags, etc.) after pasting to them is fixed.

- The saving throw field in EFF files is now functionally equivalent to the saving throw field in SPL/ITM effects.

- The death types for opcode 13 (Kill Target), parameter 2, were updated to conform with IESDP's data.

That's all I'm aware of from my e-mails. Jon Olav's away for the weekend so no more updates until next week. Have fun. :rolleyes:

NI v133 beta 16 is now available.

The biggest change is a new BAF editor that has the following features:

- Open, edit and save BAFs (NI looks for BAFs in the override folder)

- Uses same editor as BCS files (tab size determined by user, etc.)

- Can compile BAF to generate BCS code and can save the resulting code

- BAF content and BCS content kept seperate so comments are preserved

You can, as usual, open BCS files and export the source to create BAFs. NI will let you export to any folder, but will only automatically look for BAFs in the current game's override folder.

When you open a BAF file you will note the usual dual tabs for source and compiled code. The compiled code window will be empty until you actually Compile the BAF's contents. There are two save buttons, one for saving changes to the BAF (source) and one for saving changes to the compiled code.

Archived