Missing scripts?

grodrigues

The component to restore the SoA logo screens invokes a script. The relevant block in the .tp2 file is an if command: if the platform is Windows it calls a .bat script otherwise a .sh script. But both the Mac OS X and Linux packages miss said script (soacreens.sh) while at the same time containing the corresponding windows script (soascreens.bat).

I can code a suitable replacement for my bg2 install (if I wanted to, that is), but anyway, am I missing something or is this really a bug in the Mac OS and Linux packages?

Regards,

G. Rodrigues

Haven't looked at said packages, but it sounds like a bug. There should be a way to code it so that it needn't call either .bat or .sh files and the .tp2 can handle it all based on platform (Wisp probably has some code to this effect).

You rang? :thumbsup:

ACTION_IF "%WEIDU_OS%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE win32 BEGIN
 AT_NOW ~attrib -r override\loadcntr.bam 
	  attrib -r override\gprogbar.mos 
	  attrib -r override\gtrspsk.mos
	  attrib -r override\gtrspsk2.mos
	  attrib -r override\stoneopt.mos~
END

MOVE "override\loadcntr.bam" bg2_tweaks
 "override\gprogbar.mos" bg2_tweaks
 "override\gtrspsk.mos" bg2_tweaks
 "override\gtrspsk2.mos" bg2_tweaks
 "override\stoneopt.mos" bg2_tweaks

Tested on linux, where it is apparently not necessary to chmod +w first. Possibly it's not necessary to clear read-only on Windows either, but I guess it doesn't hurt. Also has the advantage of not making uninstallable (?) changes to your game (the batch file deletes the files from the override).

Archived