Icewind Dale Tweaks v12 Released

CamDawg

This is a collection of tweaks that have been assembled for Icewind Dale. They were almost all made for BG2 by Idobek and CamDawg, and cannibalized by Andyr to work for Icewind Dale. It is a compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

The major update for v12 is splitting the fixes in to their own mod and just general modernizing of the code.

Changelog:

• Split Assorted Fixes in to its own mod, the Icewind Dale Fixpack
  • Deprecated the Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component, as its functionality is now handled directly by the Universal Clubs component
  • Fixed bugs with the Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P and Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor; both were applying plate penalties to hide armor
  • Recoded several components to modernize and streamline code
  • Updated to WeiDU v227

Is it possible to mod in the Halfling's bonus to thrown weapons? This bonus is correctly included in other IE games, but is strangely missing from Icewind Dale. They do get their bonus with slings, but not with thrown daggers or axes. Since this bonus is not mentioned in the in-game race description, I figured the tweak pack would be a more appropriate place for it than the fixpack.

Is there any interest in incorporating this presumably simple fix?

Pfew ... after installing this mod I have had several problems.

1. Installed the "No Helmet" cosmetic patch - but instead of having no helmets, they all became BG2 helmets. (Which in my opinion is worse!)

2. After installing the mod, even though I did NOT select the Max HP on Level, I have gone through three level ups with characters who received NO HP on level.

After installing "Icon Improvments" - item Symbol Sehanine Moonbow is buggy.

It says that x5 Find Traps and Kwow Aligment. Know Aligment is absend and after use Find Traps only 1 time - it is disapperared.

This is fixed in v13.

Pfew ... after installing this mod I have had several problems.

1. Installed the "No Helmet" cosmetic patch - but instead of having no helmets, they all became BG2 helmets. (Which in my opinion is worse!)

2. After installing the mod, even though I did NOT select the Max HP on Level, I have gone through three level ups with characters who received NO HP on level.

I was unable to replicate either of these bugs.

Archived