"forbidding" specific spells

phordicus

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but spells are added entirely based on the kit's CLAB file. If you make your own, shouldn't you be able to wholly determine what spells they gain on level up? Or will it keep trying to add default priest spells?

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but spells are added entirely based on the kit's CLAB file. If you make your own, shouldn't you be able to wholly determine what spells they gain on level up? Or will it keep trying to add default priest spells?
I am pretty sure the original game has zero spell add abilities on the plain old cleric, and they still have spells...

You add the spells by giving them a file name that has been named correctly, a divine spell needs to be SPPRxyy.spl, where the SPPR is the divine spell mark, the x is the spell levels number(usually), and the yy is the unique number the spell is identified. Now then as every divine caster then gets that(Ranger, Druid, Paladin and Cleric), you then need to exclude it from some of them, and you do that with the spell files priest type, there's 0 which allows all(this is according to a NearInfinity v1.33betav20 BGII game), 32768 which allows just the Clerics and Paladins to use it in BGII, and 16384 with allows just the Rangers and Druids use it... and now you also know why the Ranger/Cleric can use a lot of Divine spells, as they get both ranger/druid and cleric/paladin ones. The list provided by iesdp has more numbers

Archived